Saturday, May 30, 2009

The End




"Such I was, from eight to eight-and-twenty; and such I might still have been but for you, dearest, loveliest Elizabeth! What do I not owe you? You taught me a lesson, hard indeed at first, but most advantageous. By you I was properly humbled. I came to you without a doubt of my reception. You showed me how insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased."

I love a good ending! I also adore a man that knows when a woman worthy of being pleased!!!! LOL

Good night xx

5 comments:

Kate Bruning said...

It is so sad to say good bye to a good book but this is only the beginning.... You make me feel like going through all of my Jane Austen books again. Life is so much better when her words are floating in your head.

Kate Bruning said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leonie Guld said...

I can't believe its over!!! At first I found the language a little difficult, boy once you are in, your in!!! I just LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEDDDDD IT!

M* (Melanie) said...

Hooray! The language is difficult at first but you summed it up brilliantly. Once you are in you are in. Make sure you read Wuthering Heights at some point. You won't be disappointed.

K said...

Really, I have to say, every time I read it, I fall a little more in love.