Tuesday, May 26, 2009

mm@m Words and Pictures - Tucked up in bed

Today, I have held an old ladys hand, as she walked a place she never wanted to go. I stood tall and strong, rubbing her back trying to sooth the fear only she could over come in her own time. Tomorrow she will be stronger, she will have a good nights sleep. In the morning she will see the sun come through her window and remember the people in the photos on the shelves. She will feel like eating, having a cuppa and maybe a little chat with her new neighbors. Tomorrow will be a better day. Tonight I hope, as I write this blog, that my nana is all tucked up in bed. Safe, in her new nursing home with less tears, fears and maybe a little smile. (It's been one big day!!)



For more mm@m fun pop over here!

9 comments:

jodesmac said...

how sweet, god bless your nana

Hyena In Petticoats said...

I got a bit teary reading this - thanks for being there when Sharon and I can't.... I don't tell you enough how much that means to us.

I heard she had the tambourine out already? Maybe she's got a second wind coming along......

love you,

xxxx

Leonie Guld said...

its days like this that I wish you both were here, its allot easier holding a grieving person with one either side, giving them a big squash. xx

Pip Lincolne said...

Oh that's really hard. I hope you and your nanna are getting along okay today. x

Kirsty said...

dear sweet Nana...a big hug for you.

Leonie Guld said...

Nan update : She had a good nights sleep and looking forward to the Highland Dancers visiting today. Yipee!!!

trashalou said...

Thanks for the update I was about to ask just that question. (How she was getting on, not when the Highland Dancers were turning up ;-)

Sara said...

Your Nanna is very lucky to have you there - take care!

Rose said...

What a lovely post. Im a personal carer and feel so lucky that I can bring a smile to the face of my elderly clients. Such little things make such a big difference to their day :)