Saturday, June 27, 2009

Help Arrived!

Remember Here

My fairy god sister Leah come to the assistance of her big sis and gave some simple instructions which worked brilliantly!!!!!

1) Un pick the stuff up - done
2) Pin up again like you did - done
3) Start the stitching from the centre of your work and head outward!! Really?
4) Take your time and trust the process, it will work!!



I am so happy with the result and have a look at the back!!!! Its just what I wanted. If I do this again I will change the bobbin cotton color to match the backing so the additional tacking wouldn't be so obvious but this is only a minor change.

I am still thinking of purchasing a walking foot, I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

Clair@Obstinate Pursuit said...

How's that for perseverance? Go you! It looks fabulous :)

Leonie Guld said...

@Clair - Ooooh I'm a bit of a stubborn bugger!!! I keep going until I get it right. You should have seen me with my pants pattern, it was like I was possessed!!!

M* (Melanie) said...

It looks awesome! Well done Leonie! I have quilt envy!

Lucy Bowler said...

I love it! Well done Leonie and well done Leah! I haven't done any more than yesterday, have been hanging out with a friend which has been lovely. one who understood why I didn't vacuum yesterday and instead started Tom's quilt - got to love creative friends!

Leonie Guld said...

Hey Lucy, gotta love friends like that. I have a house full tonight and they are so well trained they even bring their own tucker and do the dishes!! have a great weekend.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Yay!

I'm so glad it worked - you can't be the Sister Authority if your advice is crap!

It looks amazing - who's it for?

thetwowindmills said...

Leonie, it looks awesome. I LOVE the colours! And the quilting looks great. Wow thats amazing for a first attempt... you should see mine, they are appalling. I have a walking foot and it does make it alot easier.

Leonie Guld said...

@leah, I was thinking it would be for kels sister, Kate. She is due to have her first baby in nov and its about the size of the quilt you made for sharon, the one ideal for the pram. I still have the binding to go Arrrrh, but I have to take it in and choose the color!! I might need your help with the binding yet. I'll yell out..... love ya bones xx