Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aloha........ Hula Potatoes

What she on about today?.......................................

This is my solution to those crappy thin plastic shopping bags in the fruit and veggie store.

What you need is any scrap fabric, old retro sheets are good, anything with a high thread count. Be brave, bright and gordy, the check out chicks love it!

Cut out 2 rectangles 30cm x 45cm and sew them up. easy.........



No more bursting bags with spuds falling all over the floor, residing under a cupboard where the dust has collected for years!!!! Arrrrh

Heres a tip: These bags are sensational for your Mushrooms. Put them straight in the fridge and they will stay fresh for longer! I have on average 10 bags on the go, you need them for home (fridge/storage use) and at the store.



I have been totally influenced by Kate @ Daylesford Organics pop in and say high. She is also a whole lot more over at Foxs Lane.

Come on off you go..............do your bit for a better environment!!

7 comments:

Kate said...

OMG Leonie, I am overwhelmed! Thank you so much. I am incredibly inspired by your beautiful blog too. As such a new blogger, I am constantly amazed by the creative, kind and inspiring world that is opening up to me. Thank you so much for the comments you have been leaving on my blogs, I am learning such a lot. Oh and those bags are gorgeous. I'm going to have to make myself some of them too. Love Kate XX

m.e (Cathie) said...

beautiful bag Leonie!
you do have a great blog with amazing pics which I always love about a blog.

Andrea said...

leonie, what a great idea!! will have to do!

Gina said...

Hmm, somehow I missed this post. Of course *smacks head in stupidity* - I should have been doing this ages ago. I have all sorts of glorious vintage bits that could do the job. Or I could just use the pillowcases I already have and cut them in two!!! Do you add a drawstring?

Miss Muggins said...

Great post - inspiring! Vintage and eco friendly I love it!

becclebee said...

i am with gina - in a why-haven't-i-thought-of-that kinda way. a friend of mine bought some special bags for this purpose and i keep meaning to buy some too. but of course - why would i not make them instead... thanks for the inspiration!

Angie said...

another great idea that incorporates my kind of sewing at the moment...quick & easy!