Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Girls are back......

Over winter our Girls go on strike but every year they come back, you can never be sure when, so its a total surprise when they do. I know it's a bit silly to get excited about home grown eggs, but for 6 weeks I have been eating anemic looking supermarket numbers with no flavor. This is like discovering a river of gold! Yum.



Oooh...If you have a chook or two and was wondering what our secret to a golden egg is? SILVER-BEET. We grow extra just for the cooks and they love it!!

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh my. That egg looks so very good I can feel my tummy rumbling! Glad the girls are back on track and thanks for the silver beet tip! :) K

Kirsty said...

Amazing! I want to have lunch at your place.

kellie said...

Backyard eggs are the best. Going to pass the silverbeet tip onto my aunt who has the chooks! Funny, I feel like a poached egg now.

Andrea said...

mmmh! for an egg that colour, I'd even consider having chooks again! aaand on good-hair-days I would even give them silverbeet!
xoxo andrea

Lucy Bowler said...

They just bought 4 point of lay chooks for the farm and we are patiently waiting for the eggs to start! I am salivating at your yummy feed. I will have to tell Joe to throw them some silverbeet as it's coming out of his ears!

Tammy James said...

Not silly at ALL!! We don't even have chooks and I know its not silly!