Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Creative Space

My creative space this week has been in my Knitting Bag. This hand dyed wool arrived from my gorgeous multi talented sister Leah and I have been totally absorbed in it. I have never knitted with hand dyed wool before and I'm hooked. I love the high/low pattern you get with Leah's wool and I didn't find it monotonous at all!!!



This pattern looks much better on a kids head, than with woolly socks stuffed up it!! I felt it needed a little extra detail for a stunning vibrant red headed chick in my life that is going to receive it.



I dug through an old Issue of Mixtape (No.8) and found a sensational article by Stacey Murray on a basic flower pattern. I have never done this before and it was super easy!! I am so happy with the result and I still have heaps of wool left!! Yeah!!!



For more creative spaces fun pop over to Kootoyoo.

16 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Wow that is gorgeous...and the flower finishes it off perfectly!

Michelle said...

That blue is so striking! I love it.

midge said...

perfect leonie, and that blue on a redhead will be stunning. your photos are lovely

woollywotnots said...

Looks superb. What a great thing to knit.

Kylie said...

Such a cute hat + I love the flower too! That is a gorgeous blue your sister has dyed :) K

Kate said...

Love that hat!

Cindy said...

Beautiful blue! I could dive into it..

Linda said...

the hat is gorgeous I do hope to buy some wool from Leah too when i have a little cash to spare I love it all

Gina said...

What an incredible colour.

Lucy Bowler said...

I love the hat and how perfect it looks in your light box! Still don't have one made, it is on the backburner (with lots of other things). In the meantime, I will keep drooling over yours!

Cravings Frocks said...

Love the hand-dyed wool.

gretchenmist said...

very pretty! i love your knitting bag too :)

Amanda said...

Oooh the hat looks super comfy and lovin' the color :) Great Job!!!

ArtMind said...

Vibrant colors - jippee! Lookin' good! :)
Love the detail too!

june at noon said...

What a beautiful shade (or shades, really). That looks like such fun!

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

What a beautiful jewel-like blue, I bet it'll look dazzling on the lucky redhead. And I see you and the lightbox are getting on famously. : )