Monday, July 6, 2009

So What Was It........

A light box. If you would like a tut I am happy to do one but to be honest, have a look here as it would be allot more simple. I have spent 3 days, drilling, screwing, painting and I think you would get the same result with a cardboard box. The secret of it all was the light globe. I went to a lighting store a got a "lite tronics international - Spiral-lite 27w 220-240V 5,000 K" and it has worked a treat. A standard globe made the image look yellow. This globe was $14.95 Aud. Was it worth the effort? Absolutely!!






9 comments:

Lucy Bowler said...

I love it! This is fantastic - must copy yours for something with more stability!! And thanks for the tip re the lightbulb too - I've been wondering what to get.

Kloth & Bolt said...

oh wow, so cool! i've been thinking about one of these for ages. thank you thank you for the link and the inspiration! -kb

M* (Melanie) said...

What a great idea!

Jo James said...

I needed to know how to make this! Thanks :)

myf said...

ingenious! is this how to get good photos in winter?

messyfish said...

I Like your light box! I ordered one from my husband last christmas, and a few hours in his "manly he man" shed...and whalla! a homemade light box....much cheaper than the bought ones! hee hee hee

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

What a great toy! My handmade sychs are no where near that reliable. Is the globe you mentioned hard to come by?

julie k said...

I have the same yellow problems with my light box. I will have to try a different bulb. Good tip!

Anonymous said...

I have also used the Litetronics Spiral-Lite CFLs, and they are great. The 30-watt bulb lasts even longer than the 27-watt - 15,000 hours! Check it out: www.litetronics.com