Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coolest Remnants in the WORLD!!!

One of the perks with Raglan Guld is that I often get to keep the designer's remnants....ooooooo.....arhhhhhh I hear you say! This week the Ink & Spindle girls sent me an email "Please keep the remnants", well my little head started ticking.



I typically love to sell some for Oxfam . (which I still may do) But this time I wanted to make a very special gift. (Oh, the last lot arrived safe and well over at Angie's House! Yeah, thanks Mr Postman!)

See I am the worst friend in the world for remembering birthdays. I actually don't place allot of importance on them because someone's age is irrelevant to me. If I love them and they love me back, thats all I need. Well this week I sent a birthday message to my beautiful friend Kel, singing away with the kids on my knee, not realising it was her 40th. So.......OK......I think thats pretty special!! ........off to the machine I went with Lara Cameron's "Bonsai in Olive on Cream" and came up with this......

Her very own Knitting Bag!!! Isn't it just Delish!!! I have done one of these before and you can read more about it Here!



Of course you have to add in a very special vintage button from the oppy...



Paired with some Pumpkin for the lining. See...... she loves orange!



And finally, no fabric is to be waisted...........a super cool patch on the back!!



Happy Birthday Kel, I will love you until you are old, gray and still married to that cranky Fav.... xxoo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness me I nearly slid of my chair in excitement @ work when I was checking your blog on my phone to see what gorgeous photos were on today. I thought that was that great fabric you were telling me about ...and then the penny dropped that I am the 'kel' ... You know that your friendship is the best present I could have... But I will love the knitting bag ! Thankyou. Luv ya too. Kel x

Tammy James said...

Oh what a gorgeous Friend! and knitting bag!

One Flew Over said...

I LOVE that bag...have to make one for myself!!! Gorgeous!

dillpickle said...

Ink & Spindle fabrics are just lovely, aren't they! The bag is very cool too :-)

m.e (Cathie) said...

that is one lovely present!
thanks again for managing to pop by with some kind words x

Gina said...

That's so beautiful Leonie. I love it. Everything you make, I want to make too!!

PS it's getting mighty close to spring weather here, and therefore mighty close to my pants' first outing!

Kate said...

Oh, it is gorgeous! Another item in the Raglan Guld range?

Clair@Obstinate Pursuit said...

Or a crafty tutorial? :)

katiecrackernuts said...

Beaut bag. Too good for just knitting. I'd be haulin' it about town with all my goods in it. It's great.

thetwowindmills said...

Wow you lucky lucky lady. Lovely remnant... am green with envy.

The knitting bag also looks awesome.

Ps the weather is getting so warm here I might soon purchase some of your pants.

elk said...

every job has its perks right?! i think the shape is perfect...lucky friend!