Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's the Little Things......

That make a huge difference. When I receive fabric a major part of the process is the thread color.... Why? Because it makes a world of difference to the look of your pants.



Take this beautiful fabric from Ink & Spindle. If I create these pants with black thread they will look...well....dull, un tailored, maybe mass produced and lack the detail that makes them look their best. In this case I added "Charcoal" to enhance the stitching. Its only subtle but it creates a stunning finish.



So...you see, when you send feature fabric to combine with the Designers and Fabric Collector's Pack I will spend quality time with my threads and select the perfect color for your design.

This is the difference between mass produced and hand crafted. It's the little things!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Beautiful Leonie. It does make a difference - just love it :) K

Pomona said...

Looks great - beautiful fabric!

Pomona x

Tania said...

As far as I can tell, you do all the little things oh, so well. Including wrapping a mighty fine postal package...

Lynda said...

I totally agree! Thread choice is sooooo important, whether it's matching as close as you can, or going for a great contrast. I rally like what you've done here!