Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Creative Space

I'm on a ROLL!! I love weeks like this, when you are able to "knock a few jobs on the head". This week it was donations for Finns Special Development School.

See, they have a school fete and wanted some handmade donations for a stall. Now....don't get me wrong.....I'm not one of those mum's that slaves away for hours, giving my all and everything, to end up with nothing at the end (you know what I'm talking about!). So I Dave and I had a talk and thought I would jump on the machines for one night and what ever comes out, then thats our donation. No more, just do our bit without screaming at the kids and ending up an exhausted mess.

Well this was the result.....Do you want to know whats in it? (Hey Lucy, thanks for those swing tags....I might need some more soon!)



First...... we have one lovely green tote, with a super cool patch from Saffron Craig.



Second...... a Tiny Happy shoulder bag, with a Lara Cameron fabric covered button. (Fabric Discontinued)



Third...... a super cool knitting bag made from some Japanese fabric from Duck Cloth. (Fabric Discontinued)



Forth...... some Raglan Guld Veggie Bags.



and lucky last.....some pin cushions, to reflect the true personality of the creator!! Inspired by something, I've seen somewhere on blog land, sometime ago. (you get my drift!)



All done in a couple of hours with remnant's, Yeah!! All of these are super easy and basic. Isn't it funny, even when you donate gifts, you still wonder.......Will someone like it? Will it sell?......I don't think that feeling ever goes away but I guess for me, it provides the motivation to keep the standard high....and thats a good thing!

For more creative spaces fun pop over to Kootoyoo.

21 comments:

One Flew Over said...

If I lived closer I would be at the fete in a flash!!!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Wow Leonie... your donations are awesome. And I love your take on the while thing. To donate at the cost of your family (and your sanity!) would be crazy, so to set aside one night is a perfect solution.

Hope you have fun at the fete!

dillpickle said...

You are an amazingly productive woman!! I'm sure it will sell - I'm sad I wont be able to buy any of it myself ;-)

Amanda said...

Those are amazing donations and holy cow you are fast...I guess practice makes perfect, they look perfect to me I am sure they will be bought right up :)

e l k said...

colors and shapes delight ~made with a big heart...can I contribute a package cards?

Tammy James said...

Ohhh I wish I was shopping there! Your pin cushions are gorgeous and the patch on that top bag is just beautiful! Well done great contributions.

Kylie said...

Wow! Leonie - you are amazing!! I ran the craft stall for my daughter's fete and I slogged for four months straight making things without any hope that others would contribute... I was always told by the other mothers "Oh, nobody does that stuff anymore!". You are SO GOOD for contributing!! I bet the stall organiser thinks you are a very good egg... I know I do :) K

Kylie said...

P.S. I'll send you some party invitation cards I've made - email me your address, hon? K x

Kirsty said...

You've done a wonderful job. I'm SURE they'll sell.

Cindy said...

How wonderful. My that's busy busy...it's all beautiful.

Lauren said...

Oooh I need one of those knitting bags!! Lovely work! And so much of it!! :)

woollywotnots said...

Oh wow, they are all great. They will all sell for sure. I love all the different colours.

Kate said...

I'm sure they will be thrilled with the donation and there will be people elbowing each other out of the way to get to them first.

Cheeky Beaks said...

Saw Lara and Teegs (Ink & Spindle) in their fisherman pants yesterday. Looked fantastic!

claribell said...

couple of hours? you legend. such a good idea for you 2 to decide on a limit as well

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Rest assured Leonie, they will sell. They're all FAB! You dynamo you.

MissyP said...

Well I'd just stop your worrying. They are delicious gifts. I'm sure they will run out the door!

M* (Melanie) said...

wow Leonie they are sooo impressive. it's obviously going to be a great fete!

kellie said...

That is a fabulous haul. Well done ~ they should be really pleased (and it should sell like hotcakes)

Clair@Obstinate Pursuit said...

Love the shoulder bag Leonie. I wish I could knock THAT up in an evening. Not much of a machine sewer yet:)

Holly said...

I can't believe you made all that in one night. And your approach is brilliant - decide on your time commitment and whatever happens happens, I'm going to remember that!