Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Testing, Testing, I.2.3.

Today I was fair shitting! I had to test my RED fabric for running!!! Arhhh! So step one, sew red on to some scrap fabric and pop in the wash with colour seal. Then PRAY!! If this didnt work I had 30mtrs of red fabric that was useless..........gee I was nervous!



It worked!..........This Colour Seal product is Brilliant!! So why is this so important? Because......



It means I can offer THIS!!! My whole design collection can be super edgy, the options are endless and now I can offer it with total confidence that my product will be FANTASTIC!! I know we are slopping through the mud at the moment, stuck in winter but when the sun comes around and those "toes become exposed" then a pair of fun pants, paired with a singlet top will be just what the doctor ordered!!! Yeah!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Those colours look gorgeous Leonie! Mmmmm.... I may need another pair....

Fingers crossed my pair arrive in tomorrow's post!

xx

Mel said...

Ohhh yeah I know that feeling but certainly not to the same extent. Glad it worked out! As a side question about how much of the contrasting fabric do you need for the top roll down part of the pants? I have a smidge of the takka bubble that I used for my skirt left and then tonnes of black linen that I thought of sending you. I have a feeling it's not going to be enough though ...

daylesford organics said...

Bring on the sun, singlets, pants and exposed toes.

Cassandra Allen said...

I love green, but I also love red equally as much. And these colour and pattern combos in the last photo are dee-vine!

Red Hen (dette) said...

I love red and I have about 10m of unusable red. :( I'm going to see if I can get some of that non run stuff and see if it works. Thanks for the tip.

Tee hee - the word verification is ante di

the textured leaf said...

Im so glad to come across this post I must have missed somewhere along the way. I NEEDED TO KNOW THIS! I love dying things but they never last! Thanks a bundle.