Saturday, August 8, 2009

There's Big Touble in Little China

Today at the Guld House, one of my elf's has been playing with matches and it seems the combined elf's are not going to own up to who it was. This is SERIOUS Business!!! Both of them are lying and the cheif of the house (that would be me, because I am feeling very empowerd today) has put the foot down!! We will NOT be going to the local hall tonight, we will NOT be having a "Casserole, Card and Cake Night", they will NOT be able to play with their friends and they WILL be going to bed early!! Currently they have been crying for an hour and I will NOT give in..............Parenting!!!! I must have been nuts to think I could do this JOB!!



This is a bugger, I was so looking forward to whipping my neighbors buts at cards..........they'll keep!

9 comments:

kello said...

looks like the uggs will be firmly in place and those knitting needles will be clicking furiously tonight! Maybe we will be closer to seeing what the blue and red mystery project is........ooooooo the suspence. K x

Tania said...

Sounds like you're doing an excellent job - stick to your guns, Mum, (cos there ain't no going back now!). At least you, er, get to knit!?!?

Gina said...

Ooooh. Tough isn't it?! I've started not threatening punishments that I can't cope with myself. Like withholding Playschool. Yes, it might hurt my big boy a little but I'm the one that needs Playschool so I can have a break!!!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Jesus - did they actually set fire to anything?

(thinking about your Big. Wooden. House.)

One Flew Over said...

How did it all pan out?? Has anyone come clean? Well done for putting your foot down!!

Leonie Guld said...

Update, Nothing caught on fire, it was just matches spread all over the floor. I think they thought I was a cool toy! In the end they went to bed very tired, but still a code of silence between them!! Can you believe it a conspiracy theory at the age of 3 and 8!! Oh....and I knitted and watched the BILL! Not exactly the night I had in mind.

kello said...

A good song to go with the whole drama..... we started a fire ....vika and linda. Love it ....now you know what we contended with with our lovely pair...never matches just margarine smeared over the house ...thank goodness they didn't self combust that marg would have burnt for days. Happy days! kel x

Lucy Bowler said...

Good on you for sticking to your guns! It's always hard when it compromises something you want to do, but sometimes it's the only thing that works... hope you enjoyed your night in front of The Bill!!

Meg said...

That's something we are trying to teach in this household too: the consequences of actions and responsibility of self/selves.