Saturday, August 8, 2009

When the Lemon Tree Flourishes.....

There's TART on the menu!



Super Easy Lemon Tart

4 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Plain Flour (I use whole-meal)
1 Cup of Caster Sugar
1 Cup of Coconut
125g of Melted Butter
1 Cup of Cream
3/4 Cup of Milk
Lemon Rind of 1 Large Lemon (sometimes I use 2, its up to you as to how much "Zing" you want)
1/4 Cup of Lemon Juice

Whisk eggs in a large bowl
Add ingredients and wisk until well combined, the mixture will have a rough texture but not lumpy.

Line a quiche tray with grease prof paper prior to poring ingredients.

Place in a 180 Degree Oven for 40 minutes or until the mixture stops jiggling when you give it a little shove.

Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving. Best served with extra thick cream or ice cream, you know the stuff you really shouldn't eat but tastes so dam good!

Can be served hot or cold and its brilliant the next day. Yum!!

11 comments:

Kate said...

YUM! Lemon tart is a favourite in this house. I only wish it were warm enough to grow the lemons here. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Tammy James said...

Oh a lemon tree, how I would love one ... and a working oven for that matter, tart looks delish Leonie!

Lucy Bowler said...

Mmmm I can taste it now!

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Right! I'm coming over to yours! Don't try to stop me, I can't take the taunting any more... you and your drool worthy lemon tarts... SHEESH!! ; )

the amazing jelly fish said...

I love your stove. tart looks good too.

Carly said...

Pfft, you're such a show off Leonie...with your mouth watering lemon tart and your divine Aga! ;)

Bird Bath said...

oh my! I want a slice of that.....I'll be having a go at this pretty soon, it looks SENSATIONAL!

Michelle said...

Mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!1

tea with lucy said...

Chooks and lemon tree both producing with abundance over here... so I'm onto this!

Emi said...

wow, this lemon tart looks great! I just forwarded the recipe to myself. Thanks.

Jasmine said...

Leonie, thanks for posting this recipe. I've made it twice now (!) and blogged about it too.

My hips do not thank you. x