Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Last Jar!!

Growing your own fruit and veggies has its overwhelming advantages but there's an emotional roller-coaster no one ever tells you about....prepare yourself this is sad news, sad indeed......Today is the end of the plum jam supplies!!! The last jar has just been devoured, 8 months of home made jam finished. Gone. Now the sadness returns and back to the supermarket for me....



I should develop tougher skin, I go through emotional withdrawals with the tomato relish as well!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I know exactly how you feel! I also feel sad at the lack of jam making possibilities over winter. I love that time of year when there is always something bubbling away on the stove or dripping through muslin cloths on the bench. Once we run out of jam there is only honey in this house, I just cannot do the supermarket ones.

M* (Melanie) said...

I'm with you Leonie. I don't make my own jams or relishes (yet) but I understand the loss you have when you reach the bottom of the homemade tomato relish jar. I have friends who kindly give me their home made delights and I get to the point where I often loath using it incase it runs out!

One Flew Over said...

Oh NO!!! Homemade jam is so delicious...what about making some orange marmalade?

Tania said...

Noooooooo! We had similar chutney angst last week. Still fretting.