Thursday, September 24, 2009

So you want to start a online business from HOME!!!

Have you thought about the Photography?

This week I feel like I have climbed Mount Everest when it come's to photography and trying to make my product look good on a piggy bank budget.

This is what I have learnt.................White sheets just dont cut it!!!!! I am sorry if you think I am being a bit fussy but this is important..............I tryed, it cost $35.00 for a fresh white double sheet and it was a total waste of money....it just looked crappy!!



Then I got-to-thinking....which is dangerous for the yellow pages and google!!!! What could I use that is cost effective, easy to clean and reusable?

Head down to your local sign writers and get yourself some of this......Forex Classic. Its a light plastic product that can be rolled up and fit into your car. It comes with a skin for protection that you peel off once you have placed it against your wall. It is washable and very white. To apply it all you need is a hole punch (I used the paper variety) and some nails.......all for the very low cost of $30!!! (1200mm x 2200mm sheet - I needed a large one!!)



This is the difference.............I am still to learn the finer points of lighting but I think it is much improved.



Warning......This product is not suitable if you are wanting a light box effect (where it is scooped at the floor) as is has a very low sheen and reflects light. My solution was to rest it behind some timber I purchased from the hardware store, as I wanted a neat clean finish.



For smaller projects you can see my light box here.

5 comments:

Tania said...

Trials and tribulations indeed. There's no real need for me to come over all profesh-like, but trying to do the natural light in the middle of winter thing is a shocker...

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

It certainly does the trick - a lovely crisp, white background!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

You are very clever to have found something that good!!!

Alisa said...

Well saved Leonie!

Jenxo said...

ahh that looks fantastic, i must tell hubby . He uses white mat board to photograph his pots.

love your pants too.... jenxo