Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When its all about spending the MONEY!!

Raglan Guld Central is requiring some good sturdy shelves. So off I go to the local hardware store to see what I can get with my piggy bank budget. Alas the FLAT PACK!!

It started here....



Got to here. Ran out of screws!! Hmmmmm maybe thats a sign.........



Started this with the most wimpy nails on the plant..........Ran out of nails........Yet another sign!



See all done, Possibly the most pathetic set of shelves on the planet, with the weight capacity of an ant and stability control equal to me standing up in a CANOE!!!



Lesson learned!...It'll make dam good firewood!!

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oh dear... is it at least strong enough to hold some piles of fabric?

Leonie Guld said...

I wouldn't even put a pile of magazines on it without the fear of them falling on one of the kids!!! It was truly a total waist of time and money. I don't even know why something like this is on the market!!!!!! Why do they even bother!!!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Will you be in Melbourne soon? Can you wait? The good old Ikea Expedit shelves are a winner. They are strong and neat and look good. Maybe....

Leonie Guld said...

I was so.....dreaming of Ikea when I finished. These are the days when living miles away from a major center are hard. Dave said he will have something for me. God only knows what it will look like, but one thing for shore it will be sturdy!!!

Kylie said...

I hate seeing things go to waste... I'm certainly not a carpenter, Leonie, but could the budget stretch to getting a sheet of ply to attach to the back which would stabilise the shelves? That or two lengths of timber that you hammer in a cross at the back? i think it just needs a stabiliser... But yes, you are very right: the quality of goods is shocking. Sorry to read about your trials. K

Leonie Guld said...

I understand what you are saying Kylie but the base is just to small. If I put something heavy on it, over it would go. All its good for is warmth!!