Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Creative Space

Remember this! Well its been a work in progress!!

I'll give you the history :

I purchased this stunning Echino fabric thinking it would be perfect for some pants BUT didn't read the description properly (you live and learn) where it kindly stated GAUZE!! It arrived in mink condition but TOTALLY useless for Pants!!

So........ the thinking hat got put on and this is the result!

Take 1 layer of Gauze, 1 of Homespun and 1 of "Leonie" Linen (dont you love it...having a fabric named after you!)

Place all together...........



Pin it up like a quilt and grab your embroidery hoop (is that the official name of this thing? I picked it up from the oppy and thought maybe I will need that one day.)

Hand stitch around and around and around!!



Grab some binding and hand stitch around again!!



TA....DA!!! One quilt for a very special baby that hasn't arrived yet!! This is the perfect present for this particular bub because it will be popped out into the summer heat!



For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

28 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, Leonie, it's so gorgeous, I want to go and do some handstitching RIGHT NOW!
You had me scared for a minute, thought it was Thursday. Just getting in early are we?!

M* (Melanie) said...

You are amazing Leonie. The fabric is stunning. it's beautiful.

~ Cee ~ said...

Gorgeous!

Kate said...

That is so beautiful Leonie, lucky summer baby. I'm with Gina and got a fright for a minute thinking I'd lost a day somewhere.

One Flew Over said...

What a fantastic idea!! I really wish I knew some crafty ladies when I popped out my babies! Gorgeous x

Nikki Cardigan said...

What a beautiful mistake to make Leonie! The hand stitching is amazing.

Anna Bartlett said...

love the circles!

Andi said...

Gorgeous use of some gorgeous fabric!!!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I am just about to start making a whole stack of these as i have a few mates due any day now... but I had not thought about stitching them! your looks fab- lucky little bub.

Kylie said...

Fabulous idea! It all works brilliantly, Leonie :) K

amy said...

awww - you clever lady!

Ooty said...

Lovely!!!

Vic @ Punky and Me said...

Soooooo pretty!! I really like it. Love it even. Inspired.

Selina said...

Just gorgeous Leonie. Beautiful fabric.

edward and lilly said...

That's divine! Seeing that hand stitching makes me ache to do some more quilting.

beck said...

I love your gorgeous quilt! What a great use of the fabric and the handsewing makes it even more personal and special. I bet that baby & mum will love it xo

yardage girl said...

What a great idea - lovely colours too! This quilt will be loved.

Kirsty said...

It's beautiful Leonie.

RedorGrayArt said...

i so relish seeing the stitches...

Aussie-waffler said...

What a lucky little bub. That's terribly clever of you. And more circles....I think it must be a circular kind of week.

kellie said...

It's so lovely. Great use of materials ~ so clever!

tea with lucy said...

Fantastic that an "oops" can be put to such good use!

Nycole said...

gorgeous fabric - I love all the echino stuff. I can just see bub rolling around on this out in the sun...

Angie said...

I'm also another echino fan (tragic?). I've not gathered up any of the gauze as I wasn't sure what I'd use it for (although that has never stopped me before!). With babes from 'the mainland' arriving thick & fast in my world now I have an excuse to order some!

Hope anything I make looks half as lovely as your hand-stitched quilt.

Leslie said...

What a great idea. It's a perfect baby quilt and so beautiful. I may have to use the same idea for a friend of mine. I love how it turned out.

Debra said...

Gorgeous quilt...all the love for a new welcome soon...all the best..:)

Michelle said...

I think it is an absolutely brilliant use of the double gauze. And it so beautiful as well! Well done on thinking outside the square (but inside the quilt!)

Jessie said...

I love this idea! I can just feel how lovely those three fabrics would feel in my hands. Makes me want to try something of this sort for my family.