Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Creative Space

This week I am still on the "Baby born into hot weather" Mission!!

My little brain was ticking over at what I can create that would be cool and soft. This particular baby will be born so far away, that I will not be able to hold it, smell it or kiss it until its a few months old. So I wanted to make something special............to make it feel loved. It all began here.

Take some super strong, light weight cotton
Trace on the Tree of Life
And hand embroider the pattern. Simple and Perfect!



I am seriously thinking of getting this as a tattoo....but where??!!

For information on the "Tree of Life" click Here!

For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

14 comments:

SewAmy said...

gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful, just perfect for a summer baby. Our fourth babe was born at the end of july and it was hard to keep her cool and swaddled. Your blanket will be great.

Amanda said...

That is beautiful and I agree perfect for a summer newborn!!

Kylie said...

So very beautiful, Leonie - love the Tree of Life! Placements of tattoos is a very tricky question ;) K

One Flew Over said...

Some gorgeous stitching x

beck said...

What a sweet and unique gift for the new baby, something I'm sure that will be kept forever. As for the tatt...hmmmm..not sure! xo

Mel said...

Mmmmm lovely Leonie. And so thoughtful .. as always ;)

M* (Melanie) said...

So lovely and delicate Leonie. Perfect way to welcome a little one into the world

Nikki Cardigan said...

It's beautiful Leonie. There is so much satisfaction in all creating, but there is something extra in hand-stitched.

Kate said...

Gorgeous! I have that symbol on a necklace. I like tattoos in their traditional place on the upper arm.

Tania said...

Hey! You could even consider the tattoo look as though it's handstitched! Gorgeous gift for a wee one.

yardage girl said...

That is so lovely - a timeless and beautiful gift. My heart is warmed.

midge said...

looks beautiful. what great colours. rule of thumb with placement of tatoos::only where you and one other up close and personal person can see them. but hey, thats just me

Aussie-waffler said...

Perfect.