Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What have I Learnt!!

*That I am my own worst enemy when people tell me what to do!
*That the 1/2 inch guide on my sewing machine is my best friend....you can see it here.....



*That because I am handy on a machine does not mean I know EVERYTHING!!
*That the Instructions are fine it is ME that is not interpreting them correctly.
*That I should NEVER tackle dress making when tired and grumpy....no shit I hear you say!

Still not finished....3 hours later, may I present to you my very first girls dress!!



This was the test run. I have realized a size 4 in an american pattern is equal to possibly a 2 -3 here. So next time I will increase the size.

I do LOVE this dress pattern and Asha thinks it is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen!! So I will have another go. Just not TODAY!

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

On the upside - it's very pretty!

Andi said...

I'm impressed you got that far!!!
Pretty.
Andi :-)

Jennifer said...

Cute fabric!

m.e (Cathie) said...

yay, that fabric is gorgeous!
great work, you are super quick.

One Flew Over said...

Love the fabric you have selected for the dress! Can't wait to see it finished x

katiecrackernuts said...

It is a cute pattern. I find pattern sizes larger than even what the measurements will tell you. I cut my size in patterns and they always swim on me.

dillpickle said...

It's really sweet! And you're so speedy. Even with a significantly complicated obstacle course to negotiate!

Lauren said...

It looks just gorgeous! Good on you for persisting... I have much to learn.

Thea said...

Beautiful. I always read the measurements rather than sizes but yes, they do seem to allow a generous "ease of movement". Not that I ever personally sew any clothes these days.

handmaiden said...

Leonie, looks like a great pattern and the fabric is very cute

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

I'm with Asha, Leonie. It's utterly gorgeous!

rachel said...

Its so pretty Leonie! Gorgeous fabric.

A Life So Peachy said...

that is so beautiful! I know lots of little girls who would think that dress is just perfect!