Saturday, November 7, 2009

I have come to the conclusion....

That my brain works like it's on speed!! Academically I STRUGGLE. I always have and its something I battle with every day...particularly when writing blogs!! (I just don't see the mistakes...sorry) HOWEVER.....when it come's to creating things, getting dirty and tinkering.....well that's where I thrive. One of my absolute loves is a day like this......

Wheelbarrow FULL of cheap plants that no one wants....



Old straw hat......I've finally got the shape, just right!!



Fingers plunged into the rich dirt that's now looking better than ever....thanks to loads and loads of stable straw!!



And at the end of it....my hands are dirty, my body is tired, I'm thirsty and I feel totally at peace.



This is the place where my brain can rest.......

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hear you, there is something so soul satisfying about being out and digging in the earth.

beck said...

Yep, that sounds like the perfect day. I'm hoping to have a similar one today with the final tweaking of the no dig vegie patch which I hope to then plant over the next couple of days. Weather is looking good too, yay! Have fun in the dirt xo

Kylie said...

That sounds so relaxing. Love the shape of your hat too! K

Gina said...

Well, embrace the creative and blah to the rest I say! I have a brown, brown thumb... which is really quite sad. Surprised my children are still alive, actually...