Monday, November 9, 2009

This is when its special....

I am a simple Pants Maker, I pick out some fabric, pair it with another and create pants for people to choose as they like......BUT......this is when it's extra special.

I have been working along side Sally, throwing my opinion in and waiting for the magic to happen. See this fabric.....She pondered over it, designed it, loved it, worked on it into the night and then sent it to me. Now it is my turn to cut, sew and create a very special pair of pants for christmas day. I tell you what....I can't wait to see how these turn out!!!



If you are interested, Sally has used a combination of linen and cotton for her base fabric. I recommended a geometric pattern to allow for flexibility when cutting. If you choose to print your own design, please follow the grain to allow for the pattern to sit well over the fabric. Sally also requested a Sample Pack before she began her designing process to assist with color choice. If you are interested more in the process then just pop an email through and I will be happy to help you out.

Now I've got to go and make some pants! See Ya!!

9 comments:

Linda said...

the fabric is simply stunning, can't wait to see the pants

One Flew Over said...

WOW! I love that print!!

dillpickle said...

Wow! They will be very special.

My cream fabric arrived today - thank you!! Now just to decide what to make... :-)

Kylie said...

Wow! What a fabulous thing to do! Unique collaborations - like it a lot! Good on you, guys - can't wait to see finished pants :) K

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see them.

Cath from chunkychooky said...

I want it as a tattoo!

Tania said...

Gotta love some crafty collaboration - and gorgeous fabric!

Nikki Cardigan said...

It must feel so great to be trusted with someone's special fabric. I have no doubts you'll do an amazing job Leonie.

edward and lilly said...

Wow, I love this fabric, it's gorgeous!