Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Creative Space

Well its Dave's turn this week. This is his space......the VEGGIE GARDEN......its absolutely pivotal to his survival!! He love's it out here, amongst the fruits of his labor providing for his family all the love, care and nurturing that we need.......WHAT?.......I"LL TELL YOU THE TRUTH!!




This is Dave's SPACE to get away and "dream of" on a day like today, when his Mrs is struck down by a crappy virus and the pressure is ON!!!

He's looking at the clock...
Can he get Finn to school on time?
Can he make the lunch, brush teeth, find shoes, get them all in the car and met the deadline of 9.00?
Can he forgive his crabby Mrs for having no tolerance for ANYTHING particularly Finnys WHISTLING and Asha's WHY'S!!
Will he ever see her again in nice matching PJ's the one's she used to wear....when they first met?
Could she at least do her HAIR?

So today Dave's dreaming of his peace and quite moments in the veggie patch, out of the house, having fun in the sun and enjoying watching things grow and prosper. This is his space.......just a perfect space to be when the family "balance thing" is a little off kilter!!



Don't forget our Christmas Cheer Giveaway!


For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

25 comments:

Vic said...

Oh that is a veggie garden to be proud of, and to dream of, for sure! My boy would be rather jealous, although he did come running in yesterday with his first crop of potatoes, beaming with pride!

Ooty said...

Wow this is some dreamy space he got there!!!!! I hope you'd feel better sooooooooooooooooooooon =)

CurlyPops said...

That is beautiful - and I'm shocked by all that green grass! We don't see things like that around these parts.

Kate said...

Oh no Leonie, I hope you feel better really, really soon. After over a week of sick in our house I can completely relate to being intolerant with your children. Your garden looks magnificent.

Umatji said...

Is that truly your garden???
Our garden is suffering a bit for new babe and all that but I did get out and plant corn under the moon the other night and that was fun!

Michelle said...

Feel better! Love the vegetable garden. I am leaving the patch to my Mister this year too - he needed a hobby!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

garden looks fab- Chef loves nothing more than the garden- at his most happiest with his bum in the air!

teddybearswednesday said...

What a beautiful garden. I love nothing more than a veggie patch, and that is a true beauty. Hope you feel better soon.

Mel said...

Ah yes his own "man land" and a productive one to boot! I have an icky virus too ... feeling your pain sister ... and drooling over that garden space!

Melanie said...

my mum would love to have your garden. oh how lucky you are!

m.e (Cathie) said...

what an amazing space Dave.., I mean Leonie :)
and wow for green grass, are you sure you live in Australia & not in the U.K somewhere.

Sarah said...

Great vegie patch, I agree with your husband, it looks like a very peacful place to be

e l k said...

that is one amazing garden...feel better

Michelle said...

That is one amazing veggie garden! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kylie said...

What a wonderful vege garden!!! My hubby would be so green with envy! It's so hard being sick - hope you're feeling on top of things soon, Leonie. Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year. We're off on Sat and I'm cleaning and packing till then. I'll be back again next year to visit your wonderful blog.

Doily said...

Gardens looking grand Leonie!

Sally said...

I love the garden too... very good for the head space indeed :) What I can't work out is = is that Asha wearing a pink shirt in front of the veggie patch or a scare crow?

M* (Melanie) said...

Hmm, I don't know whether I have garden envy or husband envy. It's a hard call. Do I want the garden, or a husband that does the gardening? Either way you are a lucky woman and in some many wonderful ways.

Hope you're feeling better soon. xo

Kirsty said...

Feel better soon Leonie.

Dave's garden is amazing!

yardage girl said...

Brilliant space - my pots of veges do the same for me. Good luck to Dave!

Angie said...

I love looking into other people's gardens, I always get some kind of inspiration.

Hope you feel better soon, thanks for all your inspiring creative spaces this year!

Jennifer Rose said...

that garden looks bigger then our flat lol great creative space :D

Nikki said...

I'VE GOT A CRAPPY VIRUS, TOO.... (OH, AND CAPS LOCK ON....TOO LAZY TO CHANGE IT NOW).

DREAMING OF A GARDEN JUST LIKE YOUR MR'S -
X N

katiecrackernuts said...

I don't mean to say, but does he need that much space????

Jasmine said...

Awesome veggie patch Dave! Just spectacular! I love the industrial wire as fencing too and am completely jealous of all that flat land!

And I hope you're feeling better Leonie. xx