Monday, December 14, 2009

A Woman Possessed!!

Every year about this time I get possessed with finishing the jobs that have been lying around for AGES!! This weekend has been all about hanging!! Armed with a drill, screws, hammer and nails, I was OFF...Dave had the kids and I felt the urgent need to sink my teeth into some quick tinkering....

Number 1 on the list....hang some old photos that were given to me recently. This wall has a momentum of its own, it all began with one photo now have a look at it!!! The oldies are pulling them out from every direction and I LOVE IT!!



Number 2 - Hang this old oil painting that I recently picked up at a garage sale, its my new favorite...I have a few!! Oh....the DANGER sign, this is next Asha's bedroom door....Do I need to say more?



Number 3 - This one I have been dodging all year hoping that Dave would do it for me BUT...... I got the "you can do it...just have a go" talk! Bloody hell!!!! So off I went, safety glasses on, loaded up with my masonry bits and a whopping big hammer drill. I am happy to report there was no loss of life or limb and one super heavy mirror is now hung firmly in place......Phew!!



Oh....Don't forget our Christmas Cheer Giveaway!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I love it! You are so productive. I really need to find an extra hour in my day at the moment to get all the things done that need doing. Like out the Christmas Tree up!!

Thea said...

It's a good feeling, isn't it? I especially love the wall with the old framed photos. Lovely!

Michelle said...

Great effort! Your home looks beautiful.

xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fireplace!

Vic said...

Oh I'm impressed with your big ass mirror hanging skills! Everything looks grand - good work!

Nikki Cardigan said...

You do a woman possessed well Leonie! It all looks picture perfect. Just beautiful.