Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Feeling Poorly......

I've been feeling a little Blah. So yesterday I proclaimed to the family...."It's my day of REST!!" With only one elf in the house, who was content to enjoy some time on her own, I positioned myself very comfortably on the couch and put my feet up.

There was a little of this.......

I think you are all bonkers....this is the craziest thing I have ever tried. Twisting, turning and shoving that needle back into a hole that is "god only knows where" to end up with a tangled piece of matted mess!!!! You are lucky that I invested in such nice needles because currently that is all thats keeping me going!!



And a whole lot of this.....

At midnight, with very puffy eyes and a sore back...it was finished. Oh....the world of the " "Miss Dashmore's"....need I say any more!!



Sense and Sensibility....By Jane Austin 1811 (just BRILLIANT!!)

5 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

hope you are feeling un-blah today ♥

Kylie said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Leonie. Summer colds are the worst I think. I totally understand re crochet and granny matting ;) I taught myself how to crochet hexagons over the holidays and the first couple were exactly the same... but when it finally clicked what I was doing wrong, it was the sun coming out on a rainy day :) Love love love Jane Austen and even though it was always my least favourite, I have recently upgraded Sense & Sensibility to one of my very favourites. For some reason I just 'get it' now as I never did before. Hope tomorrow's better for you. Kylie x

Vic said...

Ah, yuck yuck yuckity yuck! I hope you didn't get it from me, hanging about & sneezing all over your blog! *ahoo!*

Look at you with your crochet-ness! That is looking much better than my efforts... I have got the chain pretty much down but then....?! No amount of online video instruction or peering in my craft books seems to help. *sigh*

Feel beeter soon!

Kate Bruning said...

Get better soon - it's worth hanging in there with the crochet - it's just like learning a new language, one day it all just makes sense.

Mel said...

Oh I so agree with Kylie and Kate - once you crack it it's like the clouds lift and the angels start singing! And then even when you make a mistake and have to "frog" it (pull it all apart and start again) it doesn't matter 'cos you will love it sooooo much!

There was a moment last Wednesday when Kate (One Flew Over variety) was teaching me where I thought, "Mmmm perhaps this just isn't for me. I'll just be polite and do it while I'm here because she' been really patient with me but basically, I'm never doing it again."!! Seriously! And then suddenly, it all made sense. I do think you need to be sitting next to someone who can show you. No amount of s-l-o-w youtube videos were enough for me (and if anything, only served to piss me off more!). Wish I lived closer to you! Do you skpe or ichat?

Hope you are feeing less blah too my lovely! x