Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hmmmmm, Where's my wheelbarrow?

Dave has stolen my bloody wheelbarrow! The good one, the one all set up....just how I like it!!! I'll fix him.....I'll transform his spare into a lean, mean weeding machine!!!

Take one wheelbarrow.......Try to get one without a wonky wheel, comfortable handles and NOT a HUGE tub...they just get to heavy!!! There is absolutely no point in us chicks heading out in the garden one day and not being able to move the next!........You just end up to grumpy and screaming at the kids......but I would never know really.....that would never have happened here ;)



When you are next at your local nursery track down one of these trays. They are used for transporting plants in 6 inch pots. If you are nice and use your manners they may give you one for nicks!! Then head to your local hardware store for some cable ties, they are super cheap and come in all sizes (I have diminished my pile of long ones so I just joined up a few of the smaller numbers).



Voila!! one souped up wheelbarrow just perfect for a day out in the garden and your tools will never end up in the compost again....no.......I would never have done that.......not me........loosing my best secateurs to the worms..........nope.......not here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was up early this morning, doing some never-ending weeding, so now back sore, eating breakfast and looking at blogs. I think your idea for upgrading the wheelbarrow is great, I would hate to think of all the seceteurs I have lost!! This morning I lost for some 10 minutes a knife I was using to get weeds out of cracks in some rock paving. For goodness sake I was using it, where could it be.... then it appeared, I am sure some gremlin put it out of sight for those minutes and it wasn't me going mad! If you were rushing out to work you may not have had your brilliant idea, love Aubrey

Jo's Place said...

What a brilliant idea, must remember to spruce up my wheelbarrow too :)

katiecrackernuts said...

Isn't it like a gardener's code that you invent what you need? Well done.

dillpickle said...

OK, so you are definitely a genius!! What a brilliant idea, and thanks for the wheelbarrow size tip! I have one of those trays, so all I need now is a wheelbarrow...