Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Little Black Dress Illusion.....

I always thought it was an illusion....the little black dress...the one every woman should have in her wardrobe.....yeah right....What about the woman with no waist and a post baby belly that should have gone years ago? The woman who loves natural breathable fibers over clinging, stretchy, sweaty, smelly fabrics!!! How about the woman who wanted something a little flexible so she could enjoy her meal?!! Don't get me wrong....I am a very healthy eater, I walk in the mornings and I take good care of myself....its just this is where I have settled. A size 14 that is super difficult to dress!!! I have my pants but I wanted something a little special for going out to dinner, maybe catching a movie or the ominous funeral!!


NEW LOOK PATTERN 6349 Australian readers can get the pattern from lincraft




The pattern was graded as easy....I had to keep reminding myself....that does not mean fast! I have taken 23cm off the length and I also didn't bother with the darts on the back. I have never made a dress for myself before but once I finished Asha's I new I could have a go at almost anything!! Look it even gives me some bodice shape!!! Whahoooo I don't look Preggers!!



Hmmmmm.....now to find some nice patterned linen/cotton fabric.........the search is on!!!

Oh.....sorry about the poor quality photos, taking pic's of yourself is.....well....difficult!!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Really cute, it looks great.

m.e (Cathie) said...

that's gorgeous!!
my wardrobe is mainly BLACK & I definitely don't own a little black dress...but I like that!!
nice accessories aswell daaahling ♥
fab job Leonie.

Vic said...

Oh I love it - I want one! That one!

Kate said...

Gorgeous Leonie! Watch out world here you come. Your dress looks great and you look fabulous in it. XX

Rebecca said...

Love it, wrap dresses are really flattering and that necklace is gorgeous

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow you look fabulous. That dress has a great shape (I really like a deep V neck)!

Amy Paul said...

well done - it's always nerve-wracking when sewing for oneself, eh?
I spy those pretty little beads too!

Andi said...

Cute dress.
Love the necklace.
Great cleavage too!!!

Gina said...

Rah! It's perfect. Love it. The wrap-thing is very flattering, even for those of us who do have hips and perhaps a bit more than we wished! Checking that pattern out for sure.

kyliekin3 said...

I love that dress it's so pretty and looks comfortable and not daggy at all!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Good on you Leonie... for moving beyond the self doubt and for making something that you look so fabulous in.

The beads look gorgeous too.