Saturday, January 2, 2010

Slavery....of the finest kind

They pushed, shoved and bossed me around. Giving me orders with no opportunity to provide input or even a minuscule discussion. I was not allowed to speak let alone have an opinion......like....what would mum know anyway!!! I could have helped....but....Oooooh....Noooooo....Mum had to just sit at the machines with 2 sets of beady eye's waiting for her to finish each step.

I have to tell you.....the selection process was INTENSE there was lots of discussions, fondling of fabrics and major button choices to be made. Both had ideas that neither would sway from, presenting some possible (just maybe) inherited traits of stubbornness and determination.

Asha was first up....Just perfect for a little girl!!



Then in trotted Finn "Mum, you not made me one yet"......Well didn't he have a surprise up his sleeve!!



This was fun....SO MUCH FUN!!! Just sitting back and watching them both explore their "creative world" was one of those amazing times as a parent that made me super proud.



Special thank you to Fiona @ Hop Skip Jump for designing the Poppy Doll Pattern which enabled me to do this with ease and to be honest quite stress free!!! I am not sure she ever envisaged her pattern looking like this........but to us it was just........... MAGICAL!!! xx

10 comments:

Vic said...

Squueeeeeeeeeeee!

I adore them... I can't even pick a favourite! So creative, so... so... free.

Love.

Heids said...

Love, love, love them both, especially the purple hair - just gorgeous and what a fab way for the kids to be creative - they are indeed magical.

Sally said...

Both dolls are great... but the green one is extra gorgeous - for some unknown reason she makes me think of Jamaica. Delightful.

Jes said...

Absolutely perfect Leonie!

It's good to have you back by the way. I was missing my fix. How were the holidays for you?

Tania said...

Oh WELL DONE everyone! What a blindingly excellent way to launch a year. And Mum, you get a giganormous pat on the back for remembering to sit back and letting the kidlet creative juices flow!

Kate Bruning said...

You have actually captured joy on their faces - genius. I had a little chuckle (probably more cackle) over your Colin Firth post today. Jonno took the boys down to the beach and I sneakily sat on the couch crocheting and catching up on a show I taped. There was no need for the secrecy, it just made it more fun.

teddybearswednesday said...

they are BOTH just gorgeous! Really utterly wonderful.

Michelle said...

They are perfect! I am sure you and the kids had a great time, and they must be thrilled with their new toys.

Cath from chunkychooky said...

How weird!!! i used that exact same fabric today- the pink- to dress a little wooden doll!!!

Fiona said...

Leonie! I love these so, so much. So much! Something about them is just so happy (for want of a better word!) Such a beautiful idea to let them just go for it - I'm definitley going to keep this up my sleeve for our next string of 40 degree days. xo