Monday, February 15, 2010

Creating and image for plum jam.....

Arrh....this one you could be in Tuscany......



This one.....in Maggie Beers Kitchen....



Oh....and Stephanie Alexander would be so proud....



BUT....let the truth be told......you are visiting the kitchen of Leonie Guld and it looks like BOMB...and the jars...well they are a mess (Ok, Ok...I could have scrubed the labels off, then removed the sticky goop with what ever toxic chemical lifts that muck off and maybe I could have done it as we USED the jars throughout the year.....NOPE...I just didn't do it!)........BUT..........in the end the JAM is fine oh....so fine!!





"UNDIE RUN"
Vietnam Orphans Treasure Chest

CUT OFF DATE Saturday 20th March.

9 comments:

Kate said...

I'm 100% sure the labels on the jars don't affect the taste of the glorious goopy jam inside. You could have taken a pic of your jam spattered stove top and walls and labelled it Kate's place. XX

Angie said...

Ahh yes the jam season is in earnest here as well, I've learnt my lesson though & now clean the jars as they are emptied throughout the year (eucalyptus oil works the best)because I often give jars away as gifts & they do look better without the old labels.

A jam splattered kitchen is why we have so many ants I'm sure.

Kylie said...

It's what's inside that counts, my friend... and my mouth is watering :) K

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

see, for those of us who are domestically challenged the fact that you made jam is enough.

Cat J B said...

Jam is not something I've ever made but I'm with you on the labels.My lemonade syrup says tomato passata....

Carly said...

Yum yum yum!!
If you can be bothered next time...dab a bit of eucalyptus oil on some glad wrap, place over the sticky residue and leave for around 15mins. It should just peel straight off. Orange oil works a treat too.

teddybearswednesday said...

I like your photo the most, it's more real, and the truth about jam making.

m.e (Cathie) said...

ohhh Leonie! I wish i was there, that looks delicious.
isn't it the whole point of making something so wonderful that there will be a few casualties along the way..ie FULL sink, sugar, jam, fruit stones, lemon pips..oohhh
you would not have wanted to step into my kitchen Saturday morning just before the market.

Michelle said...

Plum jam is my favourite and that looks absolutely delicious! Despite those pesky labels : )