Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Creative Space

This week has been a hive of activity at "Chateau Guldie". The gorgeous Ainsley @ Manca Un Bottone contacted me about the The Edwards Family - Vietnam Orphans Treasure Chest requesting we whip up a couple of garments for Orphans Kids. I was FLAT OUT at the time and thought it was almost impossible for me to get around.......so......I began the Undie Run. BUT THEN.....I got a whiff of an hour....and leaped head first into the fabric stash to see what was awaiting my creative genius!!

CHECK. IT. OUT......We have on show today...

One of 2 Oliver and S Lazy days skirts...free pattern!! Without the ribbon at the bottom...cause I just didn't have any. AND......



2 of these FLASH long shorts for the boys!!!



Both made out of 100% cotton, just perfect for the hot Vietnamese climate. Gee....I hope some little tot likes them!

And the "piece de resistance" to every outfit......BRAND SPANKING NEW UNDIES!!!!



They will all be happily posted off today!!! Thanks Ainsley.....your a gem! xx



"UNDIE RUN"
Vietnam Orphans Treasure Chest

CUT OFF DATE Saturday 20th March.

For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

18 comments:

Kirsty said...

Bloody good on you Leonie. You're gold!

GemmaJoy said...

The kids will love them!!

Tammy James said...

Isn't that lazy days skirt just perfect I love them so quick to whip up and The shorts look great I'm sure they will be loved, along with the undies. Great work Leonie.

Little Eve said...

What a fantastic thing to do! The kids will really treasure them. Everyone loves getting new undies! Cathy x

Andi said...

OMG - You have an undies stash!!!
Hysterical.
Wonderful stuff for the kiddos.
Andi x

Aussie-waffler said...

A mountain of undies, hurrah. Great work Leonie.

Mel said...

We call 'em "gruds" in our house. Don't ask me why. I am still planning on getting lots and lots next time I'm at the shops so will keep you posted! Nice duds by the way ... to go with the gruds ;)

Kylie said...

Wow! These are just super fabulous! You are just so amazing. Kx

Tania said...

Mate, you are worth your weight in gold.

Kate said...

Great work leonie! I gotta get on to that one. Love that pile of undies. I thanked you in my post yesterday for the fantastic hook roll. Thanks so much again, I LOVE it!!!!! Should I choose a pot holder design or do you have a preference? Colour?

Penny said...

The kittens fabric is so cute!

yardage girl said...

Brilliant work - all of these things will be loved.

Sarah said...

Well done they are GREAT! I like the boy fabric : o )

Michelle said...

Great work, the kids will love them. I have added undies to my shopping list too.

Thereisabuttonmissing said...

You are just brilliant Leonie. Well done and thanks so so much...

michelle said...

these are really gorgeous leonie. my husband has done volunteer work in vietnam and what they don't have in the orphanages is very sad. good on you. those treasures will go down a treat

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

yet agin we have chosen exactly the same fabric- the pants- had some kids fisherman pants made out of that fabrci- its so sweet.

You are so generous!

Sally said...

So super cute!
I'm particularly interested in how you do your elastic waists. They look so good.