Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Creative Space

MOJO RETURNED!!!! Yeah!!! One "Folkie Style Babushka Doll" inspired Pincushion complete!!! I must admit when I received the request I nearly FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!! but it was PERFECT for me to re-light that creative flame that had well and truly gone out!!

How did I do it? Head over to Blinking Flights and have a look see at the Free PDF..Russian Doll Pattern. Super Easy but you will need a round vintage weight for the base!!



BUT THEN.....there was some chitter chat on the "cyber mail airways" between that crazy Chunky Chooky Bird and I about FULL CREATIVE CONTROL.

My statement was.... "I would love to go off the RICHTER and just be a total SPAZ!!!"
The reply...."GO for it....we'll make one for each other!!"

I could feel the adrenaline rising in my body...what was "full creative control?" Was it no inhibitions? Was it no pattern? Was it getting down and funky with what I had? Was I able to let my mind be free, throw everything to the wind and see what happened? COULD I DO IT???!!!

Yep....you betcha I could......Instantly the "Will she like it? Will it be her style? Will it suit her house?" restrictions disapeard and I knew FREEDOM could be achieved on this one!!!

CHECK. OUT. what happened!! WARNING......NOOOOOOODIE BITS MAY OFFEND!!!

We got boobies.....


Then we got a belly button......


Why not stop there......Orange heart shaped pubes were a "must have"


How could I resist a flower in her hair?


But then....there must be BLING!!



TA DA!!!!......May I present the very first and quite possibly only....appropriately named by Dave......the "Guldie Fertility Totem Pincushion!!"



So CATH, How many babies do you want? This little lady might have some special powers all of her own...watch out 10 could be on the menu!!

Special Note: Thanks Cath, I could not have done this without feeling totally comfortable and free!! Your and absolute GEM xxoo


For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

28 comments:

Tammy James said...

Oh Leonie your fertility totem pin cushion is a scream I love her. She is just luscious and the babushka is darling and much more to what would be my taste but I do so admire the creativity and fun in the totem girl!

Penny said...

Oh my goodness, love her!!! Heart shaped pubes, that's quite something!

Andi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!!
You should throw away the rule books more often.
Andi :-)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I AM LAUGHING AND CRYING!!! OH MY GOD- is all I can say!!!! I love that she is nude! she is fantastic!!! Oh my god!!! Oh my god!!! RIGHT!!! HOW AM I GOING TO TOP THAT???? oooohhhhh i feel some ideas brewing!!!
YOU ARE SO FUNNY AND LOVELY. THANKYOU A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY!!! XXXXXOOOOOOOOXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXX

Kirsty said...

She's totally excellent! Job well done & it seems your partner might think she's awright too.

Although now I'm a little nervous about what might be appearing in your mail box. Sure to be giggle worthy.

Michelle said...

I love her Leonie! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Amazing to what fantastic results you get when you're given total creative freedom. Should do it more often.

xx

teddybearswednesday said...

She is absolutely fabulous!!!

Kate said...

Hilarious!!! She is brilliant! Don't know about sticking pins in a fertility pin cushion though. Who knows what might happen. X

Gina said...

Oh boy, I think I've been BLINDED by that creation! You're one crazy woman... how absolutely fun and fabulous to make something colourful and free. Love it, love the gung-ho attitude, you crack me up.

And although not quite so wild, the russian doll is very very cool too.

Maggie said...

haha, she's great

Michelle said...

She is fabulous! You are a crack up. Looks like it will be very well received too.

Jo's Place said...

OH MY GOODNESS, she is fantastic. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE her, I need something like her on my sewing table just to crack me up every time I look at her :)

Kate said...

Best ud of Echino fabric ever!!

Rachel said...

Thats hilarious!

Melanie said...

Yaaay for Mojo. And you crack me up. Love the fertility totem pincushion and her orange pubes... but please do not send one this way, three will do me just fine, thankyouverymush!

Mel said...

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! Love the orange pubes. It's like she went awry with a bottle of peroxide or something ;)

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Haha, she is FABULOUS!! Love the knock-em-dead eyeshadow. What a woman! (That's for her) What a woman! (That's for you)
: D

Linda said...

she is hilarious!!!!!!!

Ooty said...

=D love her she is great!!!

the textured leaf said...

Russian, Jamaican....whos next?
Fun!

Thanks again for my unforgettable friend. I think she likes me too..
x

Nikki said...

You crazy chick, you. Love it.

Sally said...

Wonderful. I haven't smiled so much all day.
... perhaps it is working your creation is working its powers on me as I'm thinking it is time to head to the boudoir.

Sarah said...

She is fab! I love her pert colourful bits!

Vic said...

Mwahahahahahaha... you crack me up woman! I love both your lovely creations... you are so great. Really, really.

I'm rather devestated at missing out on the pincushion swap though... *sniffs* Stoopid moving & not having the internet. *stamps feet grumpily*

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

Being inspired by a crazy woman might be a slippery slope?!?!?!

Love the result though I am sure Cath will make you something equally as wonderful.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh my goodness! I love her! The orange pube detail (I wonder what traffic from google you're going to get from that line!) is just fabulous!

Sarah said...

I love love love her!!!!

PottyMouthMama said...

You are super duper clever. I lvoe them both. Wild and fun. So fab!