Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Once upon a time....I was a toff!!

True, it is....I was earning big money, a builder went bust on us and we almost lost the lot, in the same year Finn was born and we nearly lost him too. While I was in my TOFF bubble (one that was bound to burst!) I had this stupid idea that handmade ment "poor quality, crappy, messy junk" Oh...I hear you all suck your breath in in disgust.........YEP that was me...striving for the ever present stale home that smelt like detergent. WELL.....Thank-goodness things changed!!! I was wrong. Just so WRONG! Sure there is some crappy shitty stuff out there...we have all seen it and we all CRINGE when it is displayed............BUT there is FAR MORE brilliant, stunning work to be seen, shared and purchased. Quality that you cannot find in a store, craftsmanship that I once thought had disappeared is THRIVING and I love it!. I love having items that no one else has, one offs that may never be repeated. These items to me are priceless. Heres my new one....THANKS Kate! for my pot holder, your work and craftman-ship is just simply stunning!!!





"UNDIE RUN"
Vietnam Orphans Treasure Chest

CUT OFF DATE Saturday 20th March.

4 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

Oi, that's noice. That's super noice.

M* (Melanie) said...

Oh Leonie. You do have such a way with words. What a wonderful post by a wonderful person.

Kate said...

Thanks Leonie! It definitely looks right at home at yours. XX

Sally said...

What's a toff? Does it stand for something?