Monday, March 1, 2010

She's Arrived!!!

I've been waiting for the time to be right, 6 Years in total. I new one day she would land in my kitchen, I just had to be patient. I had to find her, she is no longer available in this shape, style or model. The shops had long given up and replaced her with PLASTIC....but then all of a sudden she was sitting on my computer screen just waiting for me to press the "Buy Now" button!!



Thank you EBAY......One Fowlers Preserving kit has landed safe and sound!!! Now I just have to wait for the book to arrive......So....How do I use it again?



"UNDIE RUN"
Vietnam Orphans Treasure Chest

CUT OFF DATE Saturday 20th March.

9 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

really!!! people tell me they drool at cupcakes..I am in awe of your purchase..now this is definitely drool worthy, WOW!!!

m.e (Cathie) said...

try
http://www.ehow.com/how_5559167_preserve-fowlers-vacola.html

Michelle said...

Oh lucky you, I gave up all hope of a metal one last year and bought the plastic version.

Christina said...

Wow, she is beautiful! Can't wait to see the results. :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Chef is going to loose it when he sees that!!!
great find for you!!!

Kylie said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see all the yummy preserves you make with her :) Must endeavour not to show the Mr or we'll have one more gadget crowding our kitchen ;) Actually... I think I could cope with this one. Hope that book hurries up. Kx

Tania said...

Holy moly. The Mr just spotted your fab buy as he was walking past. There will be no more peace in this house...

Angie said...

While I LOVE my fowlers kit to pieces I must admit we are currently having a little 'break' after spending WAY too much time together these past hot summer nights!

I know it's probably breaking some blog-rule to link to something in a comment but here is a pic of mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3redbuttons/3325550008/in/set-72157622366385138/

Here is my top preserving tip: I do quite a few nice bottles (fruit all neatly stacked) but I do lots more with the fruit already stewed. A light stewing & then just bottle (you fit loads more in & if your kids are anything like mine they like them cut up a bit anyway)

P.S. I'll keep my eye out for an old version of the fowlers book if you like, it's very different from the new versions (with different results)

Amy Paul said...

she's a pearler.
well done!
xx Amy