Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How to make a scarf look COOL!!!

Here we go.......

Swing your scarf around your neck ....



Let is sit like so...


Now...get your hand in there and give some of that scarf a pull out above the roundy bit



You might see it a little better here...


Then place your hand under your "pulled out bit" to grab hold of the other hanging down bit (very sophisticated directions...I KNOW!!)


Pull it through like so. Think of weaving that helped me..........


Ta Da!!! Plonk a smile on your face and your super cool hand made garment looks BRILLIANT!!



Even if I say so myself!!!

Oh...if your wondering about my strides...send me an email. I have a stash of "Avocado Pinwale Cord" now available but it is not listed in the shop yet. I LOVE THEM!!! They are just perfect for winter!!

Kel, this one's for you...I was never going to try and explain this over the phone!! xx

To the lovely lady at the pool that didn't mind me asking 20 questions and showing me 10 times how to do it...Thanks for your patience...your a gem!!

23 comments:

J said...

I love it, what a great way to wear a scarf.

Jennifer said...

I love it, what a great way to wear a scarf.

Kate said...

Brilliant! You learn a new thing every day. X

kello said...

thanks - I'm glad you decided on the pics as I would have strangled myself trying to do it as we talked on the phone. XX

katiecrackernuts said...

Darlin', this is called a clove hitch and all Girl Guides reading your blog will be able to do it with their eyes shut. :)

Andi said...

I used this today at school pick up.
Although no one mentioned it, I KNEW they were all jealous of my cool new scarf look!!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

This is just the best thing ever!!! I was standing here reading your post wearing a scarf, frustrated at my lack of skill with the sarf tying!You bloody little rippa! I feel so cool!!!! really, it is the small things! Thanks champ!

the textured leaf said...

Alas, I think my scarves are all to chunky! Dammmnnn.

Michelle said...

Oh, thanks for sharing. I shall be doing this tomorrow with my gorgeous Raglan Guld scarf.

Kylie said...

So cool! Can't wait to try it out and I just love your community links as to how it came about, Leonie - just wonderful :) Kx

p.s. Reading Murder at Mansfield Park (Austen rip-off genre that seems to be sprouting from the woodworks at the moment) and very upset that my favourite heroine Fanny Price is the bad-gal... just not cricket really! Have you got to Mansfield Park yet in your Austen-odyssey?

Caroline said...

This is so cool it's cold, so I need to reach for a scarf RIGHT NOW. Thanks :)

linababe said...

thank you for sharing! i linked your way of wearing a scarf on my blog an d i think, my readers love it too!

greetz, lina

zofia said...

Thank you. I love the scarf and the stides, my fav. colour :D

Anne said...

Great tutorial! Thx for this!
Greetings from Germany!
Anne

rowena said...

Tip top top tip! Cheers Leonie.

Jasmine said...

Thanks heaps for that little tute Leonie (and thanks to pool lady). Since the weather turned, my scarf has been either pulling and almost strangling me or all puffy in my face if I knot the dangly bits. I think you've just given me the solution and a chic one at that...

Miss Muggins said...

very swisho! Thanks for the step by step photos!

becclebee said...

that's so fab! it took me an embarrassing number of times to figure it out (more an issue for me, your instructions and pics are very helpful, i'm just a bit spatially challenged)

Little Ted Canvas said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing...

Kristen Doran said...

Nice one. I like how flat it sits (well my scarf does anyway).

lurban said...

Did you make the scarf?

spectacularfairywren said...

oh and thank you!
I thought it was only the cool girls that knew this trick. Now me too. tah

Gil lP said...

Have you seen the u-tube clips by the scarf ladies at Libertys of London? They demonstrate this and more styles too.