Friday, May 14, 2010

Kids and Death

Asha (4 years old).....Did Zoe's sprit fly to the stars on the wings of a bird?


Me......Yes darling it did.


Sometimes kids come up with the best answers to the questions we don't know how to answer. When its my time to fly to the stars, I hope I can catch a lift on a wing of a bird. Nice thought really, once you think about it. I wonder if I could prebook an eagle.....my bums to big for a Finch!

Love to You and Yours this weekend. I'm looking forward to some extra squeezes around here, see you Monday!! xxxx

6 comments:

Sally said...

Pretty timely post for me, at the moment. I work at a daycare, and a few of my kiddos are facing the deaths of grandparents currently, and it's always so hard to know what to say. I love little Asha's wise question, and beautiful mind. :)

Sally said...

Beautiful. My thoughtS are still with you.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

from the mouths of babes- they are little philosophers at that age.

m.e (Cathie) said...

mmmmmm, little people say the most wonderful things.


p.s sending you a squishy hug

Kate said...

Oh Leonie I'm so sorry about your Zoe. Its been a full on year for you and your animals hasn't it. When Bren's nana died someone gave us a copy of a book called the Soul Bird. Might be worth looking up.Its lovely. Love to you and yours. XX

Sandrine said...

This is a beautiful say X