Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Creative Space

My space this week is about that........there.........knitting sitting on the arm of my old chair. See it.......it's LACE!!! Eeeeeekkkkkkkk!!! It's my "bitten off far more than I can chew" lace challenge with the distant dream of ultimate success!!!!

This is NO simple task. It's taking time and patience.....patience is not reeeeeeeeally my "thing". It cannot be fought with or projected at high speeds over 2 couches and a coffee table. It requires stitch perfect every time.............nothing less will do. There is no cheat sheet or easy way out. Just "head down and bum up into it."



There is only one way to conquer this Mt Everest of challenges........Que Cards!!!!!



Thanks Leah for the tip. Huge help....HUGE!!! xxx

Want a closer look....



Check it out before it gets lost into the depths of my knitting basket never to be seen again. Will I complete it? Will it be one of those projects that gets left behind? Will the color go out of date prior to the finish line? The first scarf I ever knitted, took me 5 years to complete....Don't let me fool you......this very easily could happen again!!!

Note to self....MUST complete now that I know how to do this cool scarf knot. MUST not let lady at the pool down!!

For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

18 comments:

the textured leaf said...

Dont you dare stick (get it?) that in the basket!!!! Its going to be gorgeous. Ummmm cue cards? How come I was never told?
I think it already knows where it wants to live all winter. On the chair arm, no less.
Make one of those grandma chair hanging knitting thingys and be done with it.

Sandrine said...

Well I hope this scarf will not hit the basket bottom!!Realllyyy cool!
Is there any clue card for learning to read the crochet pattern all together!?:)Have fun!

Michelle said...

Stunning! and I love the cue cards too, an inspired idea. I used your cool scarf knot this morning.

Kate Bruning said...

d-d-d-d-divine. The colours are beautiful too. By the way, thanks so much for the scarf lesson. I have been struggling.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I agree! its worth finishing so you can do the cool scarf knot!! I still love that you asked a starnger hpw they tie their scarf!

Kylie said...

Oh Leonie, it is really really wonderful! I just love it and I did laugh out loud at the cue cards - what a great idea! :)) Kx

Liesl said...

Oooh yes, we DID indeed want a closer look at it. Its magnificent. You must finish, you must .... its too beautiful a colour and pattern not too!

Cotton Kiwi said...

You definately have to finish that. Aside from the fact that you will now have 100 or so people egging you on to finish it, it is gorgeous. Cue cards... very clever idea indeed! I tend to just scribble all over the pattern in pencil to remind me where I am!

teddybearswednesday said...

It's beautiful and thanks for the closer look, really stunning! You must finish it, it's too beautiful to not, i'm so impressed, I well always admire and desire to do something like that but never do.x o

Kelly said...

PINK in any variation of its hue will NEVER go out of date. Not in my book.
YES, you will finish it! Go Leonie Go!

Mary said...

Cue cards!! Fabulous idea. Way better than the unreadable scribble that usually ends up all over my patterns. I'm still chuckling about the pool lady. I knit during my kids lessons too and a couple of ladies expect me to be making something different each week.

Kirsty said...

Oooh it's beautiful. Wonderful work.

Love the cards too.

Tammy James said...

Its looking beautiful so far Leonie, well done.

Anna Bartlett said...

Great colour. Just think of how much you'll love wearing it - now, off you go... (and I totally understand the hypocrisy of this coming from a non-knitter...)

Tania said...

Stop and you'll be copping a whole heap of trouble from this neck of the woods. You'll be doing it with your eyes closed by the time you hit that last pattern repeat...

Sally said...

... must finish to show us peeps!!!

Melanie said...

It's looking really fantastic Leonie. I'm sure you'll get into 'the zone' with it eventually :) Perhaps blogging about it will prove to be the motivation you need to keep going.

Jo's Place said...

That is going to be absolutely beautiful when you have finished it. I love love love the colour. Can't wait to see it finished :)