Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wrap vested Interest!!

Well ladies the Wrap Vest is starting to create an energy all of its own. It's entering homes my feet have never entered and keeping beautiful women warm, whom I may never meet....and I LOVE it!!! If there is one thing about blogging that I absolutely adore, it's the "creative grape vine". The freedom to interpret and create specific to ones taste is the ultimate compliment.

So have you seen them yet?....Let me take you for a little blog tour

Head over to Michelle @ Two and Six for a crochet version and PATTERN!!!!!! One which I could never write myself as I am a crochet dunce!!



Then pop over to Kirsty @ Kootoyoo for a stunning wool blanket conversion suitable for anyone with a sewing machine and scissors!!



I have included both links back on the original tutorial, if anyone else has completed a version of their own, just yell out and I will add the link so we can "grow the vine!!"

Before you scamper off on your busy lives, CHECK. OUT. MY...........BLING!!!! Gifted to me by my juicy friend Kel...Oh...she was on the money with this one....simple and GORGEOUS!!

16 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Thanks so much for Michelle's link. I am thrilled that I don't have to try and learn to knit to make one of these for myself. All I need now is an excuse to head over to Ballarat to go to the wool shop. As for the hair in the last post...let's just say that is a very familiar sight in my haouse. X

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Hmmmmm..... I have an idea....

Michelle said...

That's awesome! I have been struggling with a February Lady Sweater for nearly a year but I think I sm goingbto frog it and use the yarn for the crochet wrap. Thanks fir sharing.

dillpickle said...

I've just added Michelle's crochet version to my ravelry queue! I can feel one coming on before very long - it will be perfect for dealing with an ever expanding belly, too!!

sue said...

Wow yours looks fantastic and the others do too. Pity I cant crochet very well yet but I can knit. Might have to add this to my list for winter!

zofia said...

Oh lovely!
I am itching to make both versions now, Thank you!

thornberry said...

Oh yay for Michelle - now I can cross that off my to-do list! I was planning on figuring out a crochet version and she's done the hard work for me already. Thanks for the link!

The Moerks said...

I have just been on a roller coaster ride reading your blog. I cried when I read about finn walking, I am in early intervention and have a small idea of what you have been through. He sounds like a fabulous kid. I laughed my head off in other parts, especially your daughters hair. Thanks for the link to the crochet vest I may give it a go.

Sandrine said...

Oh they are all great, thanks for a crochet version :)I might dip my hands in my soapy water and do the felt version;)xx

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Love them! Hmmm... now if I could only just knit or crochet...

kello said...

hey that pin looks great - I was hoping the weave was big enough! I bought it in torquay a guy in geelong hand turns them. Now I just need to knit or crochet a vest to go with my wooden stick! Kel XX

crochet with Raymond said...

I heart that vest... I can't wait to make it, but I'm nervous... I've never knitted a garment... Glad its getting so popular! Its lovely!

do you mind if i knit said...

This wrap is just about the most exciting pattern I've seen for ages, makes me want to drop my current project, and get to work on this immediately! And there's a crochet pattern too! Just doesn't get much better than this, it really doesn't. Thank you for the tutorial, I'm looking forward to making mine. Vanessa x

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for including my pics and links on your lovely blog - i was so excited when I saw! It's so nice to see the 'love' being embraced and shared on other blogs too, woohoo!!!!

I've been MIA this past week - am looking forward to catching up on all the crafting lovliness that's been happening while I have been otherwise distracted!

Am happy to have found you and your beautiful work!

Sending love from cold (but oh-so-pretty) Tasmania,

Michelle xxx

'Joyce' said...

Oh this is so lovely, I might do one in both knit and crochet, I can't decide which I love most. Thank you for your instructions. How awesome.

Fruitful Fusion said...

I SO love this vest! I'll have to do a crochet version though! Can't wait!!! Thanks for starting the vest revolution!!!