Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Creative Space

Well I know your all DYING to know what I did with those scrabble magnets and where they are....so......here it is, all complete in its full glory....

I had better tell you the whole story....Lets go back to the beginning!



I had this "brainwave" and I new I need a few things from a neighbor to help me out....so a seek and find mission was in order! I ventured into a world I never really go..... The scrap metal yard!!! Well there it was rusty, neglected and screaming at me to take it home!!

Once the selection was made I hear "Muz" (my neighbor) say "Hey Leonie, I can cut it out in any shape you like!!" Oh...what golden words they were!! After a cup-pa and much consideration with his Mrs "Gage" it was unanimous, a circle was in order.



Upon returning home I set to work on the next stages of the plan. I had been given expert advice on what my options were and how I could achieve my goal. Dave started to get a little excited and fished out this "super duper antique power tool" from the depths of the shed and set me to work.



Have a look see at what it does! It took the surface rust off and left me with this gorgeous black effect. I new....I was on a winner when I saw this ugly duckling start to reveal its true colors!!



THEN....the surprise ingredient was added. A wax candle!! I had clear instructions to heat up the plate and lightly rub a candle over the surface then rub it in with an old rag. This seals the steel and gives it a polished effect. I never new steel was porous!! I guess it goes without saying, that you learn something new every day!!!



That all said....Magnetic Scrabble board is now complete....OH....but there is one condition.....YOU NEED TO PEE TO PLAY!!!



For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

28 comments:

zofia said...

Oh fabulous!!!
Of course I want to come pee at your house!
(I love those magic words, "I can cut it to any size you like...")

Kirsty said...

Absolutley fabulous!

& of course the problems of the world could be solved over a cuppa with a friend.

Just a lovely post & a lovely idea. x

Luisa @ Dance in my garden said...

What is that? An angle grinder? You are scaring me, Leonie! I have just done a post on how much fun I had using a cordless drill, but one of those!!
methinks I had better go back to 'power tools course #2!
I love the effect.

Caroline said...

Thats way too much fun to have in a toilet. Thats all I am saying.

kello said...

Geez the fav's will all be cracking out the oxford in readiness for our next visit! Love it! Kel xx

Andi said...

Can I play?
I'm busting!!!!

CurlyPops said...

Ingenious... and so much more fun than reading a magazine in there!

Sally said...

Oh my! You are so funny. Love it.

Michelle said...

Brilliant!! I love it! You're such a clever chook.

Tracey said...

Ha! Love it, yes I do!

Sandrine said...

Oh yes now I see there was a bit more than just the scrabble tiles!!
You will never get people out of your toilet, do you have a second one for the expres line!? :)Clever indeed!x

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I think they are indeed some words a man with a powertool saying " i can cut it into any shape you like" be still my beating heart. What a great idea!!!

the textured leaf said...

Imagine what the main subject will be. When i play scrabble i normally put down the first thing that comes to mind! Hilariously clever

Melanie said...

Fantastic! Have you ever played Scrabble phonetically? It can get a bit silly!

Kylie said...

OMG! This is just FANTASTIC, Leonie!! What a cracker of an idea - just love it and well done you! If you were on the New Inventors I think you'd get top marks for inventiveness, style and practicality :)) Kx

Angie said...

Excellent idea, perfectly executed.....sounds like a great neighbourhood!

julias innenwelten said...

that´s a perfect idea for making pee :-)!
great. and your blog is great too.
love
julia

Amy Paul said...

I love your crapper.

You are a fricken genius.
That's why we all lourve you.

xx Amy

Baa-Me Kniits said...

It's true...you are a genius! I wish I had one of those when I was doing family day care!

Running Thread said...

That is genius! Better than some old comic or the racing guide anytime!

Gypsy said...

That is absolute genius! What an awesome idea! LOVE it Leonie!

anka said...

Let's pee. Uhmm, I meant let's play!

katiecrackernuts said...

Hon, the lengths you will go to to provide entertainment for the family in every room of the house. It is somewhat inspired.

Cherie said...

Haaaaa excellent, love it, bet there's a queue!

willywagtail said...

Hahaha. Teeheehee.

Big and Little with Odd Socks said...

What an excellent idea! I need me one of those.

dash robin said...

Classic idea and interesting, funny tale!! Love the end result, truly fit for, I presume, the only room in your house with a throne ;0)

Cath said...

What a marvelous idea! Clever, clever lady...