Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bragging Rights

As a parent you have liberty at times to take up the soap box and brag about your kids. It goes with the territory. People may think your being a pain in the bum but its all a part of human nature and expressing the proud feelings you posses when your kids do something extraordinary!!

So...today...its MY DAY!!! I'm not one to gloat but today I am going to stand on the highest soap box I can find and tell the world how proud I am of one of my kids.....but....its different....he's not actually MINE!!!

5 Years ago Dave and I bit the bullet and sponsored a child through World Vision. We were given the info of this tiny kid that wasn't in school and needed a hand. We have watched him grow and develop into a young man.



Today.............I have just received this....



HAVE A LOOK AT HIM NOW!!!!!!! Every year we get an up-to date pic and a school progress report. I am so proud of this kid you have no idea !!!!!! He's happy, healthy, he writes to us beautifully and for the first time this year he has indicated what he wanted to be when he grows up....A DOCTOR!!!! Gee I hope we get to sponsor him though Uni....wouldn't that be a BUZZ!!

5 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Just so good. And you have just given me a great idea!!! xx

One Flew Over said...

I don't want to rain on your parade...I was quite attached to my sponsor child 'Keketso from Lesotho' when one day out of the blue I got a letter saying he no longer needed our sponsorship.

SO devasted...thought the worst but called WV and they said it is very common, moved away from the WV program etc but I am still to this day convinced that something sinister happened to poor Keketso.

Anyway, we have a little girl now but I am trying (and failing) not to get too attached...she is SO sweet though.

Hope your young charge fulfils his dream x

Emjie said...

That is wonderful. The kid gets a bright future and you get to feel that you have made a difference somewhere.

As for the bragging rights. I don't see why parents shouldn't express how proud they are of their little people. Anyone who says otherwise obviously has personal hang ups. So… brag away. ;)

Baa-Me Kniits said...

You go ahead and brag...you should be proud of him, sponsoring him is a lovely and generous thing to do :-)

m.e (Cathie) said...

well done Guldies on such a wonderful thing that means soo much to a little boy so far away.
brag away, you deserve to!!