Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Creative Space

This week my creative space kind of FREAKS ME OUT!!!

Here I was thinking it would be a great idea to make some fancy peg people that reflected our family for the dolls house. Little did I know that self portraiture is really weird!! I was painting away happily with the kiddies thinking this was a fabulous idea......BUT.....the end product looked like a cheesy grinning "perfect" family that has only ONE EMOTION!!



FORTUNATELY....Asha saved the day with her family.............so much better!!! This really does reflect us, disheveled, messy hair, mix match of multi colored clothing and loads of room for all emotions!! Perfect!



For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kootoyoo.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Love it! Kids have the best creative expression

Little Ted Canvas said...

I love your peg people, they look fantastic & loads of fun to be had!

One Flew Over said...

The white faces actually freaked me about a bit...reminded me of the Clown 'IT' from Stephen King! ;)

Umatji said...

i love the 'room for otehr emotions!' they are great!
Thanks for your kind words on my post!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

There is room for everyone on this earth- smiling people and non committed types.

Catherine said...

less is more sometimes... we're about to embark on wooden people making too and might use Asha's approach too... thank you!

m.e (Cathie) said...

oh my..it's the stepford family! what's wrong with that :)
definitely looks like you guys had a ball

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I agree they are perfect, what a beautiful job!

We used to make peg people at playgroup when it was my turn to do an activity, they are always so much fun.

Sally said...

Asha has done an amazing job. I note a fondness for pink... is she in the midst of her pink period?

Great fun activity for all. You truly are such a wondeful mother for providing your children with such wonderful creative experiences... even if your own peg family seems to have a fetish for botox.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

i think they look perfect.
My Creative Space

ArtMind said...

What a perfect family! I love it! I think kids are the cleverest!
Super post that made me smile! :)