Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The secret code of the Bloggland sisterhood

I had a chance encounter with a stranger yesterday....intrigued?

Here I was at the supermarket, daydreaming away while packing my goodies, when a total stranger came up and said "I just want to say how much I love your BLOG!"

HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!!!!

I must say....it felt super cool to be approached by such a lovely lady...who's name I have forgotten, because I am hopeless with names...and to be recognized for doing something that I love. At times I have considered giving this blogging game up. I think its something that we all contemplate, but yesterday when I was told how much enjoyment something I do brings to someone else...well that was the boost I needed to keep going for another year or two!!

As a parent I keep trying to instill in the kids that 90% of people are good and if they hang out with good people, then they will be able to notice a badie a mile off and stay clear. I think that is one thing that blogging and the sisterhood that it encourages, has installed in me. 90% of strangers are lovely, kind and gentle people. We do not have to fear EVERYONE but we need to be aware that unsavory types do exist. So if you do read my blog and you see me floating around in the streets and you don't have a axe in your handbag....come and say HI....I'm always in for a chat!!

So to the lady who I met and would love to catch up with again, heres a bunch of flowers for you. I hope our paths meet again and we can sit and have a cup-pa and cake!!





Jewels for Pakistan Auction UPDATE

The bidding war for my Timber and Silver Choker has begun and is flying out of the blocks...with a starting bid of $50 and rising!!! Wahoooo!!

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

Yes, yes, yes. I had a similar experience recently with an old school friend who told me that she makes herself popcorn every Thursday & goes through the whole list of creative spacers.

I didn't even know she knew I had a blog. x

Sue said...

I think it is wonderful to meet bloggy friends, and everyone that I have met have been wonderful too. I am sure that what you said is true, if you associate yourself with good, then you can spot the bad much easier. I am happy that you are going to keep blogging too!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

That is fabulous Leonie. I would say hello to you in the street for sure.

friends of mine who found my blog say the love it but feel like tey are reading my diary or something.. keep yu blog going- you know I love it.

m.e (Cathie) said...

if I saw you in the street I'd run up & hug you & you might even think I was a bit looney!
what a great post, sooo true.
I guess it's a little harder for you due to where you live to meet other bloggers, but really, the ones I have met are all quite normal and NICE!
I hope you continue your blogging journey because I definitely missed you while you were sick.
I am not just saying it, but yours was one of the first blogs that I would pop round to every morning & still do.
enough babbling...

Kate Bruning said...

I think you are a little bit famous now...

Little Ted Canvas said...

It's so nice that she introduced herself, I get a bit stunned suddenly when someone says they've been reading my blog, I've no idea why, it's lovely to have people appreciate what you do...and I'm so pleased you're sticking out the blogging thing for a little while longer...

clare's craftroom said...

Oh wow that is so good ! I love hearing nice stuff like that !

Carly said...

That's lovely...
and I can now say I knew you before you were all famous ;) xxx

Kylie said...

That's so fabulous Leonie! What a lovely post :) Kx

p.s. Do I really have to remove the axe from my handbag? ;)

katiecrackernuts said...

Way cool.

Nikki said...

Hey, can I pretend that I know you so I look really cool?

Lovely that she made herself known to you. I've had a few "secret knowing smile" encounters with people at Spotlight recently, and I'm left wondering if it's because a) they think they know me from somewhere, b)they recognise me from my blog or c) they actually know me and I ought to know them too (and I haven't a clue who they are.... making me an awfully rude person). Good to be upfront and friendly, I say!

Maxabella said...

Wow, you're famous! So glad I found your blog in time. x