Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to clean a top loader washing machine

I know, I know this has to be one of the most un-stimulating posts I have ever done....but.... Yesterday I was about to piff this dam machine into the tip and today I think I have just saved myself a packet!!

To revitalize a machine that is producing dirtier clothes coming out, than before they went in.....have a go at this.....

Fill it to the brim with hot water.
Throw in a full small packet of epsom salts.
Soak overnight.....all the grease and grime will float to the top....oh..you have no idea the gunk that come out of mine!!!
Then pop it through the heaviest cycle to give the whole machine a full rinse.

Hey I could have a night away on the dosh I just saved......Perfect!!

7 comments:

twitchy fingers said...

I so needed this tip... by the way, did you skim the scum (hehehe) off before doing the wash?

Kerry said...

Genius!

BusyBsewBiz said...

You have no idea how timely this is! I have to go do this on my dads washing machine...before the rest of the family come to stay with him next week and have their clothes destroyed...You're a miracle. They would thankyou, if they knew what would have awaited them;)

the textured leaf said...

My machine is my friend too, but I dont like it when it decides to desecrate all over my clothes. I have epsom salts at the ready!
Thanks for this VERY helpful hint, x

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Brilliant tip! I will give it a go but can't leave it overnight as for some reason mine leaks if water is left in it and then I have to clean the laundry too :-)

Anne said...

Fantastic tip Leonie. I have a front loader but I love it when we find solutions to problems and SAVE MONEY. More for chocolate eh? :-)
Anne

zofia said...

good tip thank you.
Nothing kills those old top loaders...mine is running on cork power!