Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Parenting Skills Required

This is a first...........
Its 9 in the morning and because I now have a pre-teen in the house, that requires some after school activites, I am cooking dinner just after BREAKFAST..........Well this feels a little odd!!!

I am sure this is just the start of many a casserole going into the slow cooker and I am positive that takeaway may eventually take over my eating plan, (for, you know, one night a week would be ok...wouldn't it?) but here I am now, starting a new chapter of stomaching beef stew for breakfast!!



To all veggos I am sorry for the disturbing scene but to be honest we are all quite carnivorous at the Guldie House.

8 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

I regularly prepare the evening's dinner in the morning, or start it the night before, just after I've packed away the dinner we've just eaten.

Andi said...

But now your house will smell like heaven all day!
And come 5:00, you'll be able to relax in the knowledge that dinner is already done!

Tania said...

I can't even stomach breakfast for breakfast. Feeling the pain, oh, boy.

Anna Bartlett said...

I have lamb shanks in the slow cooker now, feeling that it's totally inappropriate for the warm weather we're having, but also slightly smug that dinner tonight will be better than the rush-fest last night! Here's to serendipity.

Kate said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww at the uncooked meat situation!!!!
And double ewwww at the after school activities. I am so over them. Bring on the summer holidays when I don't have to drive anywhere for days.

the textured leaf said...

All of my guys are part maori so dont even go there to make excuses for the meat consumption. I joke to the mr I would have been vegetarian if I hadnt married him. Not kidding. I would die a slow death here though if I tried.
A friend of mine does the most amazing roast by doing nothing other than placing meat in the slow cooker and turning it to auto. Its divine. She repeatedly cracks up when I ask her the recipe. As you would, if there wasnt one.

Kylie said...

Yep, that's the way it goes! Just when you think you've got everything sorted, they go and grown up some more and everything changes!! I've been through this revolving door so many times now I have permanent headspins ;) The only constant is change they tell me - do whatever works :) Kx

Angie said...

I'm hooked on the slow cooker. It gets me out of many a tight spot & saves us all from toasted sandwiches. It's not very gourmet but the women's weekly slow cooker book/mag has been very popular at our place. I love the fact that the house smells of food around dinner time (especially in winter) and that I can get the Mr to help prepare the night before :)