Monday, November 22, 2010

Silent Dreams

He is from the mish
I am from a private education background
He wanted to own his own home
I wanted to dominate the world in business
He never wanted to be like his alcoholic father
I never wanted to be myself
Then we met....

I liked his legs!!!!
He thought I was a bit of a looker!!!!



Funny...If you had said to me 15 years ago............Leonie, you are going to marry a good honest aussie bloke that has a blue healer dog that sits on the back of a WB ute....I would have laughed and said....in your dreams....but....deep down it was all I wanted. I didn't want the fake fingernails, the high heals and the gold jewels anymore. I wanted to find my center, my home, my safe house. I guess........sometimes......we do achieve our dreams!

Dave and I have been married 11 years this month. With lots of negotiation we are still strong, stronger than ever....I did say LOTS of negotiation didn't I!!!

12 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

This post made my heart sing. Good on you for finding your way home.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

It's funny, how you get what you were really looking for... Chef was right under my nose for a year when I was wondering if I would ever meet anyone... he is so perfect for me, so opposite in so many ways, but yet so same too. We have been together for 10 years this month... yes lots of negotiation but lots of love and laughter.

Taylor Made said...

Congrats...there are many out there who are also negotiating their opposite...Wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for sharing.

the textured leaf said...

Beautiful!
The poetry of life, x

dillpickle said...

It's so true that what we think we want is so different to what we actually do want! Congratulations on 11 years - I'm sure that there have been many times where it's been hard work but oh, so worth it!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Congratulations to you both!!!
I did a post on my blogs FTF about my bloke and I know exactly where you are coming from SNAP!! My good aussie bloke is the rock, the solid foundation that grounds me to this earth...I too have the 'who would have said' sentiments :-) Yay for good Aussie blokes and their utes :-)

Kate said...

How gorgeous is that!
We are celebrating eleven years of marriage in two weeks too. But we had such similar upbringings that we could have been brother and sister. Still I never did think I'd end up a farmer. X

twitchy fingers said...

Congrats! Truely an achievement in this day and age. My grandparents will celebrate 65 years next week... Something to aim for!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! yes, it's hard work at times, but so worth it. We are heading for 11 years in March, ourselves.

Maggie said...

Congratulations! It's all I ever wanted too.

Carly said...

You know from the moment I met Dave, after knowing you for so long...I knew he was your perfect match.
I'm so glad I was lucky enough to share your wedding day with you both...and even luckier now to be sharing in your life when you are at your most happiest. Love you x

Sally said...

Congratulations!