Monday, December 6, 2010

Bread Making

So...Leonie you make your own bread?
Yeah....every couple of days.
Oh.......so you do all that kneading, resting, kneading, baking?
Well......errrrr.....ummmmm..........I had best confess....

I pour some water from the tap...........
I add some flour from a bag............
I grab the yeast from the freezer (thanks for the storage tip Leah, its working a treat!)
and then...........I press START and walk away!!!



For all those slacker bread makers like me, I use the Laucke-German Grain Bread Mix. Affectionally re-named by the kids as "FART BREAD!"

5 comments:

**Anne** said...

Bread makers are the best. I use mine everyday. I use my own recipe to work up a bet of a sweat. :) Nice aroma to wake up to in the morning.
Have a great day,
Anne

judysquiltsandthings said...

I have a bread maker but I use this sourdough bread recipe from Rancho Canyon Cookbook (http://ranchocanyoncook.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html). It is almost foolproof. I replace half the flour with whole wheat and the last raise is done in a 7 inch cake pan. Very Tasty!

Taylor Made said...

Yeah for bread machines...your routine sounds just like mine and we love that bread mix too.

Andi said...

I can almost smell it from here!!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I gave my bread maker away last year because it IS such a lovely smell to wake up to in the morning and with lashings of butter....well you get the picture ;-)

PS Thankyou so much for my lovely parcel!! I have just done up a reply post for you but it is coming from FNQ so it may take a week....I absolutely adore that fabric and I am going to have to just gaze at it in awe for a little while before I make anything from it :-)