Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Discoveries

Can you remember when you were little and the big issue was overcoming a stubbed toe, your sibling giving you a shove or your dad leaving for work, before you got up to give him a kiss goodbye?



Can your remember what it was like to run for hours, to play in the mud and to rest your eyes on something magical for the very first time?



Can you remember the need to discover, to dig your head right into the centre and have a moment of natural, pure, wonderment?



Somedays I can see a whole lot of me in her!

Antirrhium....better know as "Snapdragon"

5 comments:

**Anne** said...

I remember how much I enjoyed opening snapdragons when I was little. In fact I have some growing in my garden and relived my childhood moment just the other day. Great photos.
Have a great day,
Anne

willywagtail said...

I can remember but not for me but for my super clean 23 year old - now Miss Portmans?Jacquie E - then the original queen of mud pies. How the world does change. Do you remember honeysuckle and the joy of discovery the taste?

Donyale said...

I remember our snapdragons in the backyard - they were my favourite flower.

I also remember the smell of Star Jasmine near our front door just before summer hit us in the face (I have since planted one right near our front door too) but most of all I remember those 'dandylions' or 'wee your pants' - cause they smelt like, well, wee.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

that is a great discovery I remmeber is well, the exact location I was shown a flower that snapped like a dragon.

Miss Muggins said...

Oooh I love a good snapdragon story. I have just planted out an old wheelbarrow with snappies, marigolds, petunias and primulas. Hubby insisted on the snapdragons as it was the only one he knew the name of in the nursery! With all the rain they have turned GIANT!