Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Creative Space

This weeks it's all about making the best of a flop!!

Soap making is not for the impatient kind, which in all honesty is me. I had some fantastic instructions but some how I managed to throw in the towel before it did its whole "melt until runny consistency" thing and I was left with this crumbly biscuit like sensation. BUT never fear.......



We now have some beautiful lavender smelling undies and socks!!!



For more creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kirsty @ Kootoyoo.

Oh...and if your into interviews...then pop over to Maxabella we had a little chit chat earlier.

13 comments:

Maxabella said...

Your soap looks delicious! I was thinking 'if only it was white chocolate and biscuits'!!

Thank you for looking so gorgeous on my site today. I really enjoyed getting to know you even more. I think your blog is a huge hit!! x

Tammi said...

Your soap looks good enough to eat :)

Vic said...

Oh you are resourceful... I would have just been grumping & dejected! Nice work!

the textured leaf said...

You made me hungry! I thought it was food as well.Ive just written about some you see.
You are so clever arent you?
Im impressed!

Sarah said...

Oh you know what I did with my soaps like this? I broke them up into as small as I could and then placed them in a container with water and slowly am using the solution as liquid soup - works GREAT!

Taylor Made said...

Great idea and they just look and I bet smell lovely...loved the interview too. Thanks for sharing in this space it always brings a smile.

Cate said...

love a good 'save'!! Nice one! And yes, it does look good enough to eat :-)
xxxCate

Kirsty said...

Sensational rescue. I mean who doesn't like nice smelling smalls. x

Tania said...

Thank God you've put clothes on them! It would only be a matter of time before someone pootled past and popped a lavender scented cookie in their mouth...

Kate said...

Is it wrong to feel a bit like eating soap? I haven't even been swearing. Love Kate xxooxx.

m.e (Cathie) said...

great idea!! i went a bit wrong with the soap I made too, i spied it this morning tucked away in a tin. may have to rescue it.

happy friday Ms Guldie, LOVED the interview ♥

Alisa said...

There's always a great tale over at yours Leonie. Love your give it a go spirit! And you never know, you might be on to something. How many people have ever bathed with a biscuit, I ask you. Has it's own 'Unique Selling Proposition'. : ))

Fiona said...

Id' have been swearing ... great save!