Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Creative Space

This week its all about creating space in ones mind to "love thy self in those swimming goggles!!"



I can accept the boozie supportive bathers, the caesar "verandah" abbs, the stretch marks and the veins. Evolution has allowed me to adapt over time, to wear them with pride, like a aging totem pole that no longer has the bark of a teen. So....if I can do that...well ladies...I'm all in for the googles.

I'm in for the splash and dash with her while he's in his private lesson. I'm in for the experience of uninterrupted play that doesn't involve barbie or the telly. I'm in for the bonding, laughter and fun. I don't care if I'm punching 5kg heaver than my weight devision and these googles look freakin ridiculous! Just COUNT ME IN!!!

For more "crafty" creative spaces fun, grab a cup-pa and pop over to Kirsty @ Kootoyoo.

12 comments:

Ruby Star said...

You go girl!

spectacularfairywren said...

suprr super photo. I am also 'late to the pool' and loving it. enjoy the splash and the dash.

Michelle said...

Go get 'em!

Anna Bartlett said...

Love the 'googles'! I have struggled with swimming as exercise because of the inability to speak while underwater (despite what anyone tells you). My last attempt though, involved a swimming mask, snorkel and fins. So you're streets ahead!

the textured leaf said...

Oh.... the good old days when your kids actually WANT YOU to put your bathers on.
Youve got nothing on my verandah and I didnt have a c-section!
My dear mum decided to explain to me the benefits of higher granny undies the other day as she watched me, ahem tuck myself in.


Only read if youre Leonie
word verification: spermhoo

Cate said...

So many years of swimming training and I couldn't figure out for a minute what the problem was. They just look normal to me!!
xxxCate

Alisa said...

What a fabulous shot! Enjoy every minute! : )

Tania said...

I look fabulous in goggles too. It’s with the hours long goggle marks AFTER REMOVAL that I realise not a dignity vestige remains.

Andi said...

You and Emmeline!
http://chaletgirl.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/ready-to-go-to-the-shops/

Amy said...

spermhoo - that's priceless.

As is "verandah abs"
I've got a spectacular set of verandah abs.

happy swimmin.

xx A

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Catching up on my bloghopping.....love the goggles and playing in the pool with the kids and yep I can relate to verandah abs too :-)

The Beetle Shack said...

I think we have the same body. 2 cut and pulls make abs have a .. ehum.. life of their own! Seriously love your blog.