Monday, May 16, 2011

Nature on our doorstep

There is no doubt that mother nature is a force of her own. She has her own idea's, her own plans, we cannot fight her, we have to accept and adapt to her moods. But what's her message?

I took this photo on the weekend. No big deal, photos of my garden are often seen here...but it's a little off, not in its beauty but in its timing. This is my Virgilia Tree, she stands tall, elegant and hails down beautiful pink blossoms every year for my birthday.

Here lies the problem. My birthday is in October and its MAY! What is mother nature trying to tell us?

5 comments:

the textured leaf said...

Maybe youre meant to begin celebrating early? Today? Right this minute? Theres not a moment to lose, haha. Dont mind me today, im a bit high on machine fumes and inhaled cotton threads, x

willywagtail said...

That the seasons are out of date? Love the antiquey colours of the shot. Cherrie

kello said...

maybe you are in a time warp and it really is october! The way this year is going we will blink and it will be here before we know it!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A Sweet Pea tree ? I didn't know there was one , but if those pink flowers do smell like old-fashioned Sweet Peas , I want one now .
You'll discover that , with each birthday , time goes faster and faster till you're sitting in your special Eezy-To-Get-Out-Of plaid arm chair and chewing a Werners Original , wondering why your favourite weekly television show is now being shown every other night .

**Anne** said...

What beautiful flowers. My snowdrop bulbs have come up already. Surely that's a bit early. Maybe we are going to have a short sharp winter. Maybe the seasons are changing?
Have a great day,
Anne xx