Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Can I say this out loud?

Sometimes my children are just AWFUL!!

It's been higher than usual pressure around here for non blogable reasons. So I decided the kids could hire a DVD each.

WHY DID I DO THAT?

The car trip home - "I'm putting mine on first. No. I'm putting mine on first. MUM she's pinched mine. MUM he's kicking me. MUM I need some space from her. MUM stop him staring at me"

Instead of growing red hot evil horns of steel....

I stopped the car......ok, be it a little suddenly, you could say I slammed on the breaks.
I turned around and pulled out the only trick left in the book. Other than the one that kicks them both out on their bum, leaving them on a quite country road to walk home. I'm saving this one for later...maybe teenage years!

THE FLIP



The result...Asha won.

Finn was later refused his DVD due to forcefully stuffing himself with noodles creating imminent danger of them returning via his nasal cavity!!

The coin. It was a gift to Finn when he was a baby. I decided I needed some prettiness as I was beginning to look VERY UGLY!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG..how could I have forgotten the flip? I can see it being used before the day's end. Thanks Leonie ;)

**Anne** said...

Oh gawd!! Don't you hate days like this? Unfortunately it's one of the rites of passage of childhood.
I'm recommending you have a cuppa, a Bex and a good lie down and may tomorrow have your children behaving like angels. :)
Anne xx

greenthumb said...

O god what a day. good for you:)

HAZEL said...

I love it when my daughter rings to tell me what the latest clever/funny/silly/wonderful thing my grandsons have done or said. But I adore it when she rings up to vent and tell me what little buggers they have been too. I love The Flip...I will pass on the idea. LOL. A pet hate is older mothers who have edited out all the bad bits of motherhood and can only wax lyrical about how wonderful their children were...(read this as 'what wonderful mothers they were). Bah! I can remember lots of days when I could have 'flipped' the children, not a coin! But guess what the three of them have turned out to be wonderful adults..and fabulous parents.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Yes, you cna say that out loud. We all agree we think it and anyone who says they dont.....
Chef and I handle most dispoutes with rock paper scissors, Busy hasn't learnt yet but she will.

Sarah said...

the flip - of course!!!!

What do you do when the third child can start demanding?

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

@ Sarah....Apple Bob?

Tas said...

Oh, I do the pull over the car trick too.

Then I just sit there...and sit there...and sit there...until the 3 fighting, whingy kids get the idea.

Needless to say, I need to have a good book in the car door pocket as I spend a lot of time staring at people's gardens and pedestrian strips...

PS We can't toss the coin here. Too many fights over who gets heads and who gets tails :P

judysquiltsandthings said...

Ah, the joys of motherhood! Your children are normal! Don't you just love it when they push all of your buttons and you wonder whatever possessed you to be a mother! Tonight while they are asleep go in and watch them sleep for a while it is so good very soothing to the soul.

CurlyPops said...

Jeez, my mum never did the flip, she just kicked us out of the car and drove off..... until one day, we hid in a ditch on the side of the road (somewhere in Western Victoria), so that when she came back 5 minutes later, she couldn't find us.
Ha! We taught her a lesson.

Miss Prudence said...

heh heh, sometimes my whole crew is AWFUL and i count to ten and visualise what i will pack in my bag that i will run away from home with!

Andi said...

I've thought it. I've said it. I've been there!!
Well done for not losing your coll like I usually do.
Hope the non blogables settle down nicely. Will 'the flip' work there as well?
xx