Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tip Running

It's the day of the Tip Run. The day Dave and the kids head off in the ute to discover the wonders of the local tip playground. Don't be fooled....there are treasures to be found in our local dumping ground.

I however, have had my fair share of tip runs in my childhood and the urge to go forth is a little less overwhelming than the others, so I take this huge opportunity to snuggle down to last chapter, of the last book, of a 6 book series.

As I lower my bum into the soft cushions of the couch, it crosses my mind what discoveries will enter my home. Sometimes there is a little house cleansing required following the tip run but generally there is more treasure than junk. I feel confident that I have trained Dave well and he now knows the RULES OF COLLECTION.

The old school hooks, all 17 of them were a huge hit.....



Door knobs are also a treasured item when re-dressing an old house such as ours.....


BUT......this weeks discovery is some what questionable.....

As I peer over the final pages.......Primal Man looks at me with questioning eyes, shrugs his shoulders, smiles shyly (sure sign that he knows it may not be EXACTLY the item I am after) and clearly states "well its new and still in its PACK!"

A PUNCHING SPEED BALL????!!!! Ummmmm?



13 comments:

willywagtail said...

Ha Ha. Poor man. Just imagine the leap of gladness in his heart when he saw THAT treasure! Cherrie

Jenny from Ohjoh said...

mmmm not quite as awesome as the school hooks ...... but maybe it keeps someone happy ???
(Actually that bag could have been useful here in the last days of the school holidays ...)

judysquiltsandthings said...

Great therapy for Finn's hand/eye coordination! Or the upper-body toned for the adults.

Sarah said...

GREAT for when you want to punch something!!! GEt rid of that low feeling... and and when you feel like a bit of exercise!

Anna Bartlett said...

I love the hooks but ah, you may very well come to LOVE the speedball too - once you 'get it' it feels REALLY good!

Naturally Carol said...

I guess it was his turn!

mel @ loved said...

Oooh we LOVE the tip shop! Your hooks are fabulous & I'd say my hubby would have picked up that speed ball for sure!

The Graphite just arrived, OH BOY I LOVE IT so much! Thank you! x

wendy hill said...

If we lived nearby my Mr would have been ummm, fighting? him for it.
But HE already has a huge punching bag hanging from the oak tree out back.
Let them have their fun. I bet he does himself an injury before too long.
With a house full of men I gave in along time ago...x

Miss Prudence said...

sounds like the beginnings of a man cave!

greenthumb said...

Just like a man, bet he and the boys will like it.

Andi said...

The school hooks are definitely my pick of the bunch!!

Amy said...

good treasures, darlin. When you're feeling shitty - just give it a good barreling instead of hubby and kids! Perfect fix.

xx

Lela said...

I remember as a child 'scrounging' through the tip. And barefoot too! I found so many treasures.

My local tip is now almost automated, you reverse up, offload your rubbish into these bins, then it kind of rotates, ready with an empty bin for the next person.

It's such a shame.